Most beautiful writing script  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most beautiful writing script/alphabet ?

• Chinese (Hanzi/漢字)
    • Japanese (Kanji/Hiragana/Katakana)
    • Arabic
    • Manchu
    • Korean
    • Latin Alphabet
    • Cyrillic Alphabet
    • Tagalog
    • Futhark (Runes)
    • Hebrew Alphabet
    • Tibetan Alphabet
    • Sanskrit
    • Some other script/alphabet

I learned some Bengali in college, and I think it's lovely.  It's a bit more rounded than Hindi.  I wish I had a good picture to post!  I used to be able to write my name in it, but it's been years and I'm very out of practice.
Arabic is also lovely.  I can see why Arabic calligraphy is used as decoration.

I voted Latin, but now that I look at it, I think Arabic is the most beautiful script of all. It has really graceful and sensual lines and it's beautiful to look at, even if I don't understand it. The Chinese and the Japanese scripts come a close second and third. 

I really like Arabic. It looks like a very old language but it looks very cool. Now as far as beautiful, I think that the Chinese scripts are the best. They look really good.

I've always found Sanksrit very beautiful, so I voted for it.

There was no Georgian language on the list, but that's another one of my favorites, aesthetics-wise. I'm surprised it hasn't even been mentioned yet.

bc946e14001852da49099a58e602f05b.jpg

I am sure all languages look beautiful to those who love the language. For me, the Arabic script is fascinating. It is so flexible and fluid. It can be written to form pictures, so beautifully.

8p68R0i.jpg

I personally believe the Greek Alphabet is the most beautiful. The script is so pretty and fluid looking. I just find it extremely aesthetically pleasing. I am learning modern Greek as well. Here are some things in Greek:

Γειά σας. Πώς είσαι;

Είμαι καλά, ευχαριστώ πολύ. Κι εσύ;

Έτσι κι έτσι. Αυτή είναι η μητέρα μου.

Χάρηκα για τη γνωριμία.

Κι εγώ. Τα ξαναλέμε!

Αντιο! Τα λέμε αργότερα!

I appreciate Hangul quite a bit. Looking at it feels really comfortable for some reason. But, I don't think I'd use the word beautiful. Maybe sensible? I'll agree with a few others here that the Japanese and Chinese scripts better fit the beauty description.

I'd say Chinese. The words are beautifully constructed, and Chinese calligraphy 书法 (shu1fa3) is even more beautiful.

I heard even in Korea they also use the traditional Chinese character, don't know whether it's true or not though :)

Malayalam, or any other Dravidian script.

ഇന്ത്യ എന്ന ഭാരതം. ഹിന്ദുസ്ഥാൻ എന്നും ഇത് അറിയപ്പെടുന്നുവെങ്കിലും ഈ പദം ഇന്ത്യൻ യൂണിയനു പുറമെ പാകിസ്താനെയും ബംഗ്ലാദേശിനെയും കൂടി ഉൾക്കൊള്ളുന്നതാണ്. ന്യൂഡൽഹിയാണ്‌ ഇന്ത്യയുടെ തലസ്ഥാനം .

On 29.1.2018 at 10:06 AM, Padawan said:

Malayalam, or any other Dravidian script.

ഇന്ത്യ എന്ന ഭാരതം. ഹിന്ദുസ്ഥാൻ എന്നും ഇത് അറിയപ്പെടുന്നുവെങ്കിലും ഈ പദം ഇന്ത്യൻ യൂണിയനു പുറമെ പാകിസ്താനെയും ബംഗ്ലാദേശിനെയും കൂടി ഉൾക്കൊള്ളുന്നതാണ്. ന്യൂഡൽഹിയാണ്‌ ഇന്ത്യയുടെ തലസ്ഥാനം .

looks nice, indeed.

I find the Filipino Baybayin script, the Japanese and the Georgian Scripts truly beautiful. The Baybayin script is a mixture of Indian, Malaysian and Indonesian influences and you can really see an obvious resemblance of it to Sanskrit, Balinese and Malay scripts. Very poetic and stylish. 

The Japanese script is equally fascinating because even if most of its characters are derived from Chinese characters, it does have its unique look and style. The tategaki format is also influenced by the Chinese system. Still, it evokes a certain personality that's artful and fun.

And the Georgian scripts. Ahh... I'm really drawn to its unique character. The scripts do express a regal vibe but there's an intriguing and mysterious air in each and every letter or font. Something that makes the Georgian scripts look like a work of art. 

I'm sure there's a lot more! But these three look interesting, form and aesthetic-wise. :)

Lol guys make way to Tamil .. the oldest and the first language in the world 

தமிழ் உலகின் முதல் மொழி

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By calendon
      I don't know what people find so difficult about Arabic and why they are complaining, they even voted it  the hardest on thetoptens.com, but after having a quick analysis of the grammar and structure, it is quite easy, except for the writing system that needs a bit of practice. So far, I haven't found anything that is really difficult about Arabic. I found Japanese harder because of kanji, around 2000 of them, and the much longer sentence structure, and the many different words of counting depending on what you are counting. Chinese is even harder still because of the tones and the 8000 symbols that need to be memorized.
    • By Eirini
      Hello! My name is Eirini and i come from Greece. I speak Greek, French and English fluently. I offer online lessons at very low prices all over the world! If you want to learn Greek, drop me a message! Package lessons are offered at lower prices! Homework, material are offered for free to my students! My website is http://www.multilinguers.com. There you can find more languages you could learn! If you speak with me, i can arrange lower prices for the other languages as well! 
    • By bedo
      Why Study Arabic

Arabic is spoken as a mother tongue by between 250 and 400 million people across 25 countries. Over a billion people can read the script even if they can’t understand the language. And Arabic happens to be one of the official languages of the United Nations. Therefore, many people learn the language for formal reasons.

At about 1,500 years old, Arabic also happens to be a very old language. It was the language of scholarship throughout the rule of the Islamic empires – a period of well over 1,000 years from the 7th century right down to the 19th and even 20th. The greatest books of medicine, geology, law, philosophy, and basically any subject you can imagine were all written in the finest Arabic. Therefore, many of the most advanced people in their fields of study learn Arabic for scientific and anthropological reasons.

Arabic is also the language of the Qur’an (the Islamic holy book). It doesn’t matter what your beliefs are, the Qur’an is unequivocally, undeniably and undoubtedly the greatest form of Arabic literature, and indeed the greatest form of literature, period. The beauty of this piece of literature is, in fact, quite literally, miraculous. Therefore, tens of millions of people learn this language to witness firsthand the beauty and miracle that is The Qur’an... religious reasons.

In fact, emphasis has been placed on studying the Arabic language by the Prophet (PBUH) himself when he said to the effect: learn the Arabic language as you learn the Islamic obligations and practices. His companions, who, remember, were Arabs, used to learn Arabic despite the fact that it was their mother tongue. They used to say: teach your children Arabic. They used to correct each other’s grammar.
      They would consider it unacceptable to make a grammatical mistake. And the scholars that followed them in later centuries all emphasized learning Arabic. Imam Abu Hanifa said to the effect: I would’ve made learning this language compulsory had I not deemed it difficult on the people.

That is because 1. in order to truly understand the message of God as it was revealed, one must understand it in the very language it was revealed, and 2. the Qur’an is a literary miracle – really, a full blown miracle – and in order to witness it, you need to simply learn the language and you will witness a miracle with your very own eyes When the tribe of Qureish in ancient Arabia sent their most infamous debater to the Prophet (PBUH),
      the debater barked and barked and barked.

He was enthusiastic and completely vicious. His mission was to completely overtake the Prophet (PBUH) and he was relentless. But when he finished, the Prophet (PBUH) recited a few verses of the Qur’an, upon which tears started to flow from the debater’s eyes and he had to cover the Prophet’s (PBUH) mouth because he couldn’t take any more. Would you like to taste
      the same beauty that made that debater cry?

You can start learning Arabic online at Firdaws Academy

• By LovetoLearn77
      Hi everyone
      a good resource- AREG - The Online Arabic and Egyptian School

• By chichi
      Preply.com is a global educational platform that pairs tutors with students who wish to gain/improve their knowledge. We currently offer over 40 different subjects of which more than 27 are language courses. Studies are available both locally and remotely and this allows for flexibility in schedule alongside accessibility to students in remote/rural areas. 
      All you need to do is select the language you'll like to learn, go through the tutors' profiles, check their reviews and availability before you proceed with booking a lesson. You can start out by leaving messages for tutors and negotiating with a couple of them before making your final decision. 
      In case you need help, there's a user friendly Preply live chat.