Linguaholic

How long have you gone without verbal communication?

sayitwell

• 6 months later...

I live with a family of five and also run a business so I am always in verbal communication with someone. I guess the longest I've gone without communicating verbally would be 10-20 minutes, when I have no customer. I can't imagine not speaking for a day, I think i'd get bored.

In my life I don't even think that I've ever gone a full day without using verbal communication. I am constantly talking to someone on the phone and of course I talk to my family when they are home. I don't think it would serve me very well to not have someone to talk to.

What an interesting idea! I don't think I've gone very long without speaking. Even when I have a sore throat I still speak even though I know I'm supposed to rest my voice. It's not that I'm a chatty person, but I just express myself better with words.

One week, seven days, during the time when I was out for retreat. We were not allowed to speak. We were only allowed to read, sleep and eat. That's what I all did during that week. It did enjoy though. It was relaxing. Only that I thought, I will forget how to speak. Luckily, I did not!