Linguaholic

Hello! ESL Teacher

Cave Bear

Hello! I was teaching English in South Korea for five years. I'm back in the USA right now, but I'm looking at going to China to teach for a year or two starting in January or early February. After that, I'd like to teach in Vietnam. 
I wish my Korean skills were better though... It's a tough language to learn. They say that Japanese starts easy (because of the simple pronunciation, and ease of access) but gets harder as you go along (due to the complex grammar) while Chinese starts hard (because of the characters and the intonation) but gets easier as you work at it (because the grammar is surprisingly similar to English), but then Korean starts off difficult, and stays difficult!

Hello! I was teaching English in South Korea for five years. I'm back in the USA right now, but I'm looking at going to China to teach for a year or two starting in January or early February. After that, I'd like to teach in Vietnam. 
I wish my Korean skills were better though... It's a tough language to learn. They say that Japanese starts easy (because of the simple pronunciation, and ease of access) but gets harder as you go along (due to the complex grammar) while Chinese starts hard (because of the characters and the intonation) but gets easier as you work at it (because the grammar is surprisingly similar to English), but then Korean starts off difficult, and stays difficult!

Welcome onboard Cave Bear. Your introduction is very interesting, indeed. I am surprised to hear that Korean is that difficult. The Hangeul alphabet is pretty easy to learn, though. Is that correct?

Welcome onboard Cave Bear. Your introduction is very interesting, indeed. I am surprised to hear that Korean is that difficult. The Hangeul alphabet is pretty easy to learn, though. Is that correct?

The hangeul alphabet is easy, to be fair. It's mostly the grammar and pronunciation that I have trouble with.

Hello Cave Bear, and welcome!

You are brave for tackling so many difficult languages. My hat's off to you :)

Hope you like it here.

Ania

Thank you very much, Ania. 
I am looking forward to using this site more. There seem to be a lot of wonderful resources for language learning here. :)