Linguaholic

The sentence I have written is: La prochaine fois que nous irons en ville, surement le weekend prochain, je vais m’acheter du maquillage et un cadeau d’anniversaire pour mon frère qui va avoir cinq ans.

To say 'for my brother who is going to be 5 years old' does 'pour mon frère qui va avoir cinq ans' make sense? I was unsure about how to structure this and whether I have used the write verbs etc.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

The sentence I have written is: La prochaine fois que nous irons en ville, surement le weekend prochain, je vais m’acheter du maquillage et un cadeau d’anniversaire pour mon frère qui va avoir cinq ans.

To say 'for my brother who is going to be 5 years old' does 'pour mon frère qui va avoir cinq ans' make sense? I was unsure about how to structure this and whether I have used the write verbs etc.

Hi Lozpayne

It does make sense. The sentence is correct like this. You might want to add a 'bientôt' bevor avoir to make this sound a little bit nicer. It is not mandatory though. 

Another possibility would be to say: pour mon frère qui va fêter ses 5 ans.

Hope that helps.

regards Lingua

Okay, hm, so I would add some details here:
Anna above is right about her statement on sûrement. It is written with the û and not simply u, because in French, "sur" means "over" or "on" in English, like "Je m'assois sur la table" = "I sit on the table", meanwhile "sûr" is more like "confident".
I think, as well, it sounds more correct to say "je m'achèterai du maquillage [...]", since you use "nous irons", instead of "je vais m'acheter". But that's not mandatory, I just feel it more correct the way I stated. Even some Frenchies does worst than that.