Linguaholic

How I learn new vocabulary

Carlyarn23

Learning new French vocabulary is a fun thing for me. Of course I practice every day with the words that I already know, but for someone who is just starting out learning French it is important for me to learn new vocabulary. 

One of the main things that I do is every morning I find a new word to learn. It is extremely fun for me to research and find new words. Then I try and use the word correctly as many times that day as I can. It really helps me remember all the new words that I am learning, and it helps build my vocabulary. 

Give it a try if your new to learning french, it's a good way to learn without it being boring! 

• 1 month later...

I used to do this. But rather than me doing the research, I subscribed to a website where they e-mail you a new french word a day, it's meaning and a few example sentences. They stopped e-mailing though so maybe it's time for me to do it your way.

On November 12, 2015 at 3:08:33 PM, Carlyarn23 said:

Learning new French vocabulary is a fun thing for me. Of course I practice every day with the words that I already know, but for someone who is just starting out learning French it is important for me to learn new vocabulary. 

One of the main things that I do is every morning I find a new word to learn. It is extremely fun for me to research and find new words. Then I try and use the word correctly as many times that day as I can. It really helps me remember all the new words that I am learning, and it helps build my vocabulary. 

Give it a try if your new to learning french, it's a good way to learn without it being boring! 

Do you find words that you would normally use in conversation or are these random words that your looking up.  I tend to do this when I am trying to put together a sentence that I have not said yet. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

1) review the lexicon of my language learning method

2) use a flashcard "learn with Oliver" (an effective not a glamour one) or Riji

3) read audio book made for it at the right level or Lingq, a great tool made for vocabulary

book-with-audio-level-a2-book-1.jpg.9153b4aa57255a4debc811806e2323fd.jpg

4) use websites with word features like Viki (film),  "Vocabulary.com" or "readlang"

5) study Songs with Lyricstranslate or websites like  https://labdeslangues.blog/2019/01/29/lyricstraining/

6) subscribe to an app with "words of the day"

6) thematic book (advanced level)

Robert-Nathan-Vocabulaire-allemand.jpg.2b020c6670ac028001a0ccc425c1b630.jpg