Linguaholic

Hello from Italy :)!

Chiara

Hello, everyone!

My name's Chiara and I'm a 20 years old Italian girl. I've just found this forum and I already think that's awesome! I studied languages in high school and now I'm studying sociology and criminology at uni. I still want to practice the languages I know (English, French and German) and I'd love to learn Spanish and Swedish (I know only a few words). 

Greetings :)

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

1 hour ago, anna3101 said:

Ciao Chiara,

Sono felice d'incontrate qualcuno chi studia il francese, lo spanolo e il tedesco come io!

Benvenuta nel forum! :)

Ania

In italian we don't say "Qualcuno chi studia" but "Qualcuno che studia". "Chi" (who) is more used in questions, "Che" (that) is used in questions and answers like in this case :)

And we also say "Come me" and not "Come io"; "Io" is the english "I", "Me" is the english "me", (but in english it is pronounced "mi", in Italian it is pronounced "me" with a close "e") so as in english, you say "like me" and not "like i" 

I hope this is helpful! :)

Hello there @Chiara Welcome to the forum. :)

In my native language, which is not in your list, but nevertheless. Serbian, we say: Dobrodosla. :) That means Welcome.

I have studied Russian, and French and Greek, and English, as my second language. I have taken great advantage of this forum, learning a lot of diverse things concerning languages.

I would love to learn Italian - recently was provided with some software of Italian language on a CD, so I am planning to start soon. :) Wish me luck. :D

Thank you, @anna3101 :smile:! What's your level of confidence in these languages? Do you find them difficult/easy? 

Hi @pesic87 ! :smile: oh Serbian is impressive! You study some difficult but very interesting languages. Yep good luck with Italian, it'll be your next challenge! ;) I can help you if you want, find me on Kik: orangerock95 

@Mameha  Molto grazie per le correzioni! I wonder if I could occasionally write in some thread in Italian so that I could practise and you could enjoy all of my funny mistakes :) I'd love that!

@Chiara My French is not that bad, I can talk and write, according to the tests I'm somewhere at C1. Used to be at C2 but I had several years without any practice at all :( My Spanish is B2 when it comes to reading/listening but only A2 for speaking. Not sure about writing, haven't tested it yet. With German I'm a complete newbie :) I used to study German for about 4 years at school but then I dropped it for various reasons so now I'm starting from level 0. Luckily for me, some passive knowledge stays no matter what, so I can still read simple texts, like women's magazines or Internet shopping sites, and I understand the emails that my German colleagues send to me. But all other skills are dead and need a lot of work.

And I find German the most difficult language of all that I'm currently studying. But so rewarding for my mental health! I feel that when I try to construct sentences there is no brain cell that is not working hard :D

3 minutes ago, anna3101 said:

@Mameha  Molto grazie per le correzioni! I wonder if I could occasionally write in some thread in Italian so that I could practise and you could enjoy all of my funny mistakes I'd love that!

@Chiara My French is not that bad, I can talk and write, according to the tests I'm somewhere at C1. Used to be at C2 but I had several years without any practice at all :( My Spanish is B2 when it comes to reading/listening but only A2 for speaking. Not sure about writing, haven't tested it yet. With German I'm a complete newbie I used to study German for about 4 years at school but then I dropped it for various reasons so now I'm starting from level 0. Luckily for me, some passive knowledge stays no matter what, so I can still read simple texts, like women's magazines or Internet shopping sites, and I understand the emails that my German colleagues send to me. But all other skills are dead and need a lot of work.

And I find German the most difficult language of all that I'm currently studying. But so rewarding for my mental health! I feel that when I try to construct sentences there is no brain cell that is not working hard :D

You're welcome! I'm here to help :) 

On 11/27/2015, 11:18:47, Chiara said:

Hi @pesic87 ! :smile: oh Serbian is impressive! You study some difficult but very interesting languages. Yep good luck with Italian, it'll be your next challenge! ;) I can help you if you want, find me on Kik: orangerock95 

Unfortunately, I do not use Kik, but I can find you on Viber if you use that one!

Thank you for wishing me luck, I wish you luck with your learning, too.

Why would you think Serbian is impressive, have you ever visited, or have you had any encounter with a person or language from here? It would be interesting if you have. :)

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎25‎:‎09‎, Chiara said:

Hello, everyone!

My name's Chiara and I'm a 20 years old Italian girl. I've just found this forum and I already think that's awesome! I studied languages in high school and now I'm studying sociology and criminology at uni. I still want to practice the languages I know (English, French and German) and I'd love to learn Spanish and Swedish (I know only a few words). 

Greetings :)

Hello Chiara, my name is Jorge. I am from Mexico and live in the United States. I think it is nice that you are trying to learn Spanish. It is very similar to Italian from a grammatical perspective. I think you should learn it, you would have a ton of fun. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

@anna3101 Compliments, you have great skills in languages ;) I'm sure you'll do well also in German. @pesic87 okay I'll inbox you my number :) no I don't know anyone who speaks Serbian, because of this I think it's impressive, it's a new language for me. @atanas.velikov ciao, io sto bene e tu? :) di dove sei? @jesolis hello Jorge :) thanks for the encouragement, you're right! I hope I'll reach a good knowledge :laugh:

Ah I'm loving this. OK so I get what you are saying even though I wouldn't know how to pronounce it, not sure how to answer. @Chiara Hey, I am good, and you? Where are you? 

Io sto bene, Bulgaro...

Does that make sense or no, didn't use the translator this time hehe