Linguaholic

Greetings from Finland!

Zengan

Hello everyone! So I just recently joined this forum and thought that it'd be nice to introduce myself. So I'm from Finland which means I speak Finnish as my native tongue so if there's anyone interested in learning Finnish (which by the way is pretty hard, or so I've heard) I'd be more than happy to help! I also speak Bulgarian as my second native tongue but I've never studied it in school. I can read and write Bulgarian to a certain point but the lack of education will be apparent when a Bulgarian person reads my texts and writings. My spoken Bulgarian is fluent tho because I've been speaking Bulgarian with my parents all my life. I speak English also, as you can see :) English is a nice language to know since it seems to be the language of the internet in today's world. Thank god (or some other divine entity) that I learned English from all the games, movies, comics and TV series that I watched when I was a kid. Now I can nicely communicate with other people around the world thanks to this.

3 hours ago, Zengan said:

Hello everyone! So I just recently joined this forum and thought that it'd be nice to introduce myself. So I'm from Finland which means I speak Finnish as my native tongue so if there's anyone interested in learning Finnish (which by the way is pretty hard, or so I've heard) I'd be more than happy to help! I also speak Bulgarian as my second native tongue but I've never studied it in school. I can read and write Bulgarian to a certain point but the lack of education will be apparent when a Bulgarian person reads my texts and writings. My spoken Bulgarian is fluent tho because I've been speaking Bulgarian with my parents all my life. I speak English also, as you can see :) English is a nice language to know since it seems to be the language of the internet in today's world. Thank god (or some other divine entity) that I learned English from all the games, movies, comics and TV series that I watched when I was a kid. Now I can nicely communicate with other people around the world thanks to this.

Hey Zenga. I am very happy to have another Finnish Native Speaker onboard! Welcome to linguaholic.com. Please spread the word about the beautiful Finnish Language!

Regards

L

Hi @Zengan :)! Welcome! 

I'm Chiara from Italy. Your introduction is very interesting. Do you speak/know Swedish as well? I'd like to visit Finland someday, I have a friend there who lives in Espoo (I think it's written like that, near Helsinki anyway).

Have a good time on here!

Hello @Chiara ! Nice to meet you. Yes I've studied Swedish aswell but I kinda suck in it so I didn't list it as a language I know. :D Of course I know some vocabulary and the basics of Swedish but I don't count it as a language I know because I don't feel comfortable speaking it. I've studied it for six years in school so far and I still have to study it for some mandatory university course. Swedish is the second official language of Finland because of historical reasons and lots of Finns don't like it for the fact that Finland has been a part of Sweden back in the 1800's. I personally think its useful to know two languages right from the start.

You should definitely visit Finland and perhaps on winter because as far as I know you Italians don't really have a winter in Italy ;) And yes, Espoo is right, its the name of this city in southern Finland near Helsinki (the capital).

Edited by Zengan
typo

Oooh, a Finnish native spaker!

Hello and welcome! I have a soft spot for Finnish people as I have some friends there and I've worked in a Finnish company for a very long time. My colleagues were so awesome. I'd love to visit the country one day, I'm sure it's a lovely place.

Hi anna3103! Well, like in every country there's up and down sides about living in Finland aswell. For example the healthcare system is free for everyone in Finland but instead of paying for insurances we have to pay high taxes for pretty much everything. The taxes include education, infrastructures & much more of course.

Anyhow if you like a long winter and a short summer then Finland is the perfect place for you! :D It's a shame that I'm more of a summer person.

What kind of work did you do, if you don't mind sharing? :)

Welcome! Finnish sounds sooo difficult to me, but Finland seems to be a charming place even if i don't like winter so much, and i prefer summer. But if i think of it i have the idea of all those beautiful snowy landscapes....:)

17 hours ago, Zengan said:

What kind of work did you do, if you don't mind sharing? :)

I was in customer service for business clients and the company was a paper manufacturer. Not just paper actually but anyhow a lot of materials were fibre-based. I still keep in touch with some of my colleagues from those times. I quit 2 years ago but it does feel as if so much happened since then. Anyway, Finnish colleagues were awesome :)