Linguaholic

Beginning japanese - My legacy

Hello there, I'm Kesler, 20 years old and roughly employed at a shoe factory.
Well... this is kinda embarassing... I started to learn japanese this week, and as my guides told me, going public about it its somewhat helpfull [hope so...]. as you can probably see, english isnt my first language. I'm not good at it, but I can at least order a pizza, right?
Anyway, I already memorized hiragana and I'm finishing katana, I can write hiragana but didnt started with katakana. My goal its to start next week writing both as naturally as I can! Also, its my first time posting on a forum and stretching my english this far, although I already had long convos with a far far away friend, and play a lot of games, also most of my free time I spent on youtube, browsing good english chanels.
So... If I'm doing something wrong please tell. Hope you all are having a great week, till later! bye.
Keslersan

2 hours ago, keslersan said:

Hello there, I'm Kesler, 20 years old and roughly employed at a shoe factory.
Well... this is kinda embarassing... I started to learn japanese this week, and as my guides told me, going public about it its somewhat helpfull [hope so...]. as you can probably see, english isnt my first language. I'm not good at it, but I can at least order a pizza, right?
Anyway, I already memorized hiragana and I'm finishing katana, I can write hiragana but didnt started with katakana. My goal its to start next week writing both as naturally as I can! Also, its my first time posting on a forum and stretching my english this far, although I already had long convos with a far far away friend, and play a lot of games, also most of my free time I spent on youtube, browsing good english chanels.
So... If I'm doing something wrong please tell. Hope you all are having a great week, till later! bye.
Keslersan

Warm Welcome Keslersan! I am honored to hear that linguaholic is the first forum you registered for! hopefully it turns out to be useful for your Japanese studies!

1 hour ago, linguaholic said:

Warm Welcome Keslersan! I am honored to hear that linguaholic is the first forum you registered for! hopefully it turns out to be useful for your Japanese studies!

Thanks! Now that my first step it's done, just gotta commit and find some friends to get better together.

Scribendi: World-Class Editing and Proofreading
17 hours ago, sillylucy said:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing this story! I think you'll learn quickly and this forum is a great step in the right direction! Welcome and I hope you'll be posting on the Japanese threads soon!

Hope so, as I said I want to have all the hiragana and katakana memorized and written down on this monday. But I'm kinda slacking on the katakana part... gotta stop with the laziness and compensate the time this sunday!

37 minutes ago, keslersan said:

Hope so, as I said I want to have all the hiragana and katakana memorized and written down on this monday. But I'm kinda slacking on the katakana part... gotta stop with the laziness and compensate the time this sunday!

If you happen to have a Windows PC, I can suggest you to use my own app I designed for learning alphabets: Alpha.

46 minutes ago, Blaveloper said:

If you happen to have a Windows PC, I can suggest you to use my own app I designed for learning alphabets: Alpha.

just tested your app, and it's pretty good. saw on your topic that you're up for suggestions, so I made a quick .txt file. Do you have a place I can send it or post?

8 hours ago, keslersan said:

just tested your app, and it's pretty good. saw on your topic that you're up for suggestions, so I made a quick .txt file. Do you have a place I can send it or post?

You can PM to me though this forum, or otherwise use the email address found in the README file.