Jump to content
Linguaholic

Beginning japanese - My legacy


Recommended Posts

Hello there, I'm Kesler, 20 years old and roughly employed at a shoe factory.
Well... this is kinda embarassing... I started to learn japanese this week, and as my guides told me, going public about it its somewhat helpfull [hope so...]. as you can probably see, english isnt my first language. I'm not good at it, but I can at least order a pizza, right?
Anyway, I already memorized hiragana and I'm finishing katana, I can write hiragana but didnt started with katakana. My goal its to start next week writing both as naturally as I can! Also, its my first time posting on a forum and stretching my english this far, although I already had long convos with a far far away friend, and play a lot of games, also most of my free time I spent on youtube, browsing good english chanels.
So... If I'm doing something wrong please tell. Hope you all are having a great week, till later! bye.
Keslersan

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, keslersan said:

Hello there, I'm Kesler, 20 years old and roughly employed at a shoe factory.
Well... this is kinda embarassing... I started to learn japanese this week, and as my guides told me, going public about it its somewhat helpfull [hope so...]. as you can probably see, english isnt my first language. I'm not good at it, but I can at least order a pizza, right?
Anyway, I already memorized hiragana and I'm finishing katana, I can write hiragana but didnt started with katakana. My goal its to start next week writing both as naturally as I can! Also, its my first time posting on a forum and stretching my english this far, although I already had long convos with a far far away friend, and play a lot of games, also most of my free time I spent on youtube, browsing good english chanels.
So... If I'm doing something wrong please tell. Hope you all are having a great week, till later! bye.
Keslersan

Warm Welcome Keslersan! I am honored to hear that linguaholic is the first forum you registered for! hopefully it turns out to be useful for your Japanese studies!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, linguaholic said:

Warm Welcome Keslersan! I am honored to hear that linguaholic is the first forum you registered for! hopefully it turns out to be useful for your Japanese studies!

 

Thanks! Now that my first step it's done, just gotta commit and find some friends to get better together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Scribendi: World-Class Editing and Proofreading
17 hours ago, sillylucy said:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing this story! I think you'll learn quickly and this forum is a great step in the right direction! Welcome and I hope you'll be posting on the Japanese threads soon!

Hope so, as I said I want to have all the hiragana and katakana memorized and written down on this monday. But I'm kinda slacking on the katakana part... gotta stop with the laziness and compensate the time this sunday!

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, keslersan said:

Hope so, as I said I want to have all the hiragana and katakana memorized and written down on this monday. But I'm kinda slacking on the katakana part... gotta stop with the laziness and compensate the time this sunday!

If you happen to have a Windows PC, I can suggest you to use my own app I designed for learning alphabets: Alpha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Blaveloper said:

If you happen to have a Windows PC, I can suggest you to use my own app I designed for learning alphabets: Alpha.

just tested your app, and it's pretty good. saw on your topic that you're up for suggestions, so I made a quick .txt file. Do you have a place I can send it or post?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, keslersan said:

just tested your app, and it's pretty good. saw on your topic that you're up for suggestions, so I made a quick .txt file. Do you have a place I can send it or post?

You can PM to me though this forum, or otherwise use the email address found in the README file.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Similar Content

    • By rocopolo
      Hi everyone, I've created a youtube channel collating similar vocabulary in Mandarin, Japanese and Korean. I hope people learning any of these languages would find it easy to pick up the other languages as well. You can check out the latest video on my channel here:  https://youtu.be/LjuWeyLnHiA 
    • By Liljay
      Hello everyone!
      I’ve been writing a story that takes place in Japan, the main character is called “Mira” which means “stubborn” and her grandma is called “Hanako” which means “flower child” (please correct me if I’m wrong in any way). 
      I’ve been struggling with the honorifics I should use. 
      I think I’ve figured out that the grandma should call her granddaughter “Mira-chan” but I still can’t figure out how the girl should call her grandma. Is it “ōbasan”? Only “Bā”? “Hanako Bā”? I’d like the name “ Hanako” to be present when the girl is calling her grandma, is it possible without being too formal? 
       
      Thank you!!
    • By tungqoo123
      Here, I want to recommend a good Android App to learn and memorize Japanese vocabulary.
      Japanese Vocabulary (N1~N5)
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digi.japanesevocabulary&hl=en
      I found that it contains many vocabulary (cover JLPT N5 up to N1) with awesome text UI, and pronunciation is supported.
      The mini game inside the app also helps me in memorizing the newly learned vocabulary.
      No additional money is needed. All the content are completely free!!!
       

       
      Please try it if you are free.
    • By Xefjord
      What is Lingodeer?
      Many of you might be familiar with the app called "Duolingo." Lingodeer is very similar, but alongside the same style of gamified lessons that Duolingo provides: Lingodeer offers professionally made grammar notes on every single skill, features full native audio recordings on every word and sentence, has built in grammar review features, has a global leaderboard (And friends leaderboard) for competition, features video stories at the end of every skill, has built in pronunciation practice (Sentence shadowing capabilities), and features 10 languages to learn (with Italian on the way) taught in 13 languages. The app is available on iOS and Android. 

      If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me (I run their online forums as volunteer work and have followed the app since it was released, I have also completed the first half of Japanese and Korean on the app).
    • By citrontea
      Looking for a language exchange partner? Want to make friends all over the world?
      Recently our new site https://sharelingual.com/en/ launched, and we are looking for users who are interested in language exchange. Currently, you can open up an account and connect with other users from all around the world for free. Whatever language you're interested in learning, you can find a great partner. So, if you're currently studying a language or would like to make global friends, we hope you check out sharelingual.com!
      Look forward to seeing you there!
×
×
  • Create New...