Linguaholic

Learn vocabulary while learning about new stuff too

This website was created to share pictures, videos, articles about different cultures, anecdotal facts, traveling... while also teaching new vocabulary and grammar. This way, you can practice your language skills while also learning about something new.
http://anvilstreet.net 

• 1 month later...

You have an interesting site there. Love the article on R2D2. Although I haven't watched the latest Star Wars movie, I absolutely love the franchise. Saw all 6 episodes and R2D2 and C3PO are two of my favorite characters. They're just so endearing. But between them, I love R2 more.

• 5 months later...

I personally use dictionary . com 

It tells you the synonyms as well, which ensures that you are able to start learning other words which mean the same as well.

They have a application as well, which ensures that you are able to learn new words on your mobile phone as well.

Moreover, they update you with a new word each day so you can learn that way as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Aprendando Español
      Necesito aprendar sobre diferente conceptos gramatical.

I have present tense for -ar, -er, and -ir verbs, and Iḿ working on Future and Preterite for both.
      Discord moves too fast for me, so I need a better setting. Can you fellow Linguaholics provide me with a short crash course in avanzado gramatica españa?

It doesn´t need to be in-depth, just a chart or something showing the more obscure verb tenses. I also need help conjugating oír, dar, and dicer.
      Gracias,
      A.S.
    • By Laura7
      Heyy, I have a question about Japanese grammar. So I was supposed to make a sentence using words 私/マリア/弟/ポーランド語/教える。Idk why but I forgot that くれる can be used not only when sb gives sth to ME, but also when refering to my Family members. Sooo I was desperate to make a sentence in which I am the one who receives something. So I created sth like this:
      マリアさんが私に弟をポーランド語を教えてくれました。
      Is it completely wrong? ( I have a feeling it is) But what If I want to imply that I am the one who is happy? For example I was the one looking for a teacher for my brother and I finally wound マリアさん? Does it make any sense? 
      And additional question if sb is nice enough to take a look.
      Is it gramatically correct?
      - おなかがすいていますが、れいぞうこに食べ物はありません。。。
      - 父がちょうど今会社から家に帰っているところですから、途中で何か食べ物を買うように頼みましょう。 
      And this one:
      私は体を丈夫にするために、毎日運動しています。

Thank U in advance.
    • By Pattylaur
      You won't be disappointed .
      Entirely new English grammars are rare, so Andrew Rossiter's Descriptive Grammar of English (207 pages) comes as a breath of fresh air among the classic grammar books many of which have been around for over thirty years.
      Available as an e-book or paperback from Amazon, this new grammar reference grammar excels by the concision and the clarity of its rules, and the great wealth of really appropriate and memorable examples that it uses to illustrate the fundamental rules of English grammar.  A reviewer at the English Australia journal used the expression "elegant simplicity" with regard to the way this book explains grammar through examples. And since, in the end, most people learn or expand their working knowledge of a language and its grammar by assimilating and copying examples, this reference grammar is both a decriptive and a pedagogical grammar rolled into one.
        If you haven't discovered it already, it's worth checking out.  There is a "look inside" feature for this book on Amazon, so you can actually flip through a number of sample pages.  http://getbook.at/descriptive-grammar
    • By tessietoto
      Hi everyone,
      We'd like to introduce a website to help learners improve their English at https://lingonut.com.
      Lingonut helps you learn by reading and listening to fun and educational news. Each article comes with vocabulary notes and a quiz. In the future, learners can also save these notes to track their learning.
      We're working hard to make the website a useful learning platform. Please let us know if you have any suggestions!
      Hope this helps! Good luck and have fun learning!
    • By alexthegrizzly
      Hey Linguaholics, 
      Few years back I moved to Barcelona with zero Spanish, after months of Duolingo + tutors, I made small progress, but grammar was always a bit of pain. 
      When covid hit, me and my biddy decided to improve our Spanish grammar and built tool for ourselves. It's a mix of theory and flash cards on steroids for grammar, with zero setup and optemised learning plan. 
      We will be launching it next week, but would love to know your feedback on if that might be a problem for you and if what we do resonates with it. Feel free ro drop any suggestions and feedback.
      http://grammargrizzly.com 

Thank you 
      Alex