Linguaholic

English Teacher

Dear students and fellow teachers, I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to be part of the language learning community.

I have been teaching for 15 years, from Art, to Math, Social Sciences, and of course English.

I taught English in South Korea for two years from little kindergartners all the way to business men, students, even housewives! It was a wonderful time of travel and cultural immersion.

I'm happy to answer questions, share experiences and help students and teachers in any way I can.

Happy Learning :smile:

4 hours ago, majateaches said:

Dear students and fellow teachers, I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to be part of the language learning community.

I have been teaching for 15 years, from Art, to Math, Social Sciences, and of course English.

I taught English in South Korea for two years from little kindergartners all the way to business men, students, even housewives! It was a wonderful time of travel and cultural immersion.

I'm happy to answer questions, share experiences and help students and teachers in any way I can.

Happy Learning :smile:

Dear Maja

Very warm welcome to linguaholic.com! It's so nice to have one more 'linguaholic' on here!

See you in the threads

lingua

Hi and welcome to the forum! 

Is it rude if I ask you to share a little bit about your experience of teaching English in South Korea? I'm finishing my studies next year and I really wanted to explore the option of teaching abroad, but there are so many factors to consider when even thinking about that. Mainly teaching somebody whose language you don't even speak, that's just scary to even think about. 

Hi AgentZero, 

No of course, not rude at all, I'm thrilled to be able to share my experience.

For me the main deciding factor in taking a teaching position in a foreign country was the amazing opportunity to travel as well as earn a decent salary with which I could pay off my student loan. I applied through a reputable agency with years of experience bringing in English teachers to South Korea. They handled the whole application process, and their English is excellent so everything is explained clearly. 

The material that you are teaching is also all provided, some of the best teaching material I have ever seen!

They have the best text books and depending on where or who you are working with, sometimes a lesson is just about conversation, you have a lovely chat, gently encourage and correct your students and try to instill some confidence.

The biggest thing to "pack" is a sense of adventure, can-do attitude and a wide smile!

Scribendi: World-Class Editing and Proofreading
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Olha Bagdonas
      Hi everyone!
      My name is Olya and I am a native Ukrainian and Russian speaker. I have been teaching languages for 6 years, so I willl be glad to help you, in case you are interested.

Here you can book a lesson with me:
      https://italki.com/teacher/9185087

And also feel free to check my tiktok profile (I`m teaching Ukrainian here):
      https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRYKcwfh/

I`m looking forward to our meeting!
    • By Yulia
      Hello everyone!
      I'm a native speaker from Ukraine and I've just started my career as a TUTOR of ukrainian language!!
      I want to share with you my knowledge and make it more popular! Also became confident in teaching!
      If you want to learn ukrainian I will gladly help you 
      You can find me on preply.com ukrainian tutor Yulia S.

I open to language exchange as well!
    • By Marina Languages
      Hello! I am Marina.
      I am a qualified language teacher and native Spanish speaker with experience teaching Spanish as a foreign language.
      I love languages and I also combine my Spanish teacher job with teaching English and Italian to students from different parts of the world.
      You can visit my website to book a free trial session and learn more about the Academy.
      Be welcome to Marina Languages!

• By SharekCentre
      "Sharek Centre is a new hub of Arabic language and culture based in London, built upon the principle of sharing and mutual exchange. With a new interactive approach, Sharek offers an extensive range of language courses and programmes to suit everyone. Some of our courses include Short Comminicative Arabic courses, Fast track courses, courses for Heritage learners(plus Quranic) and fun courses such as learning through drama, learning through cooking etc" 
      A fantastic opportunity to taste our approach would be to participate on our open days on the 14th and 17th and they can send us an email to get more info at [email protected]

• By hello_world
      Hi there,
      I am an interaction design student at Emily Carr University in Vancouver, Canada. For one of my courses, I am designing an application intended to aid the process of learning a second language. 
      Currently, I am conducting some research to learn more about the needs of teachers and learners in this area. If you have 10-15 minutes of spare time, I would very much appreciate your input on the survey(s) below:
      For teachers: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeScWSDSKpjJtLMNKL6P9jiLyq8coBuDTCPr-7WFMe7xuAOwA/viewform
      For learners: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScwyourMIzNYdTg5pPOkd6MTAcPuUtQJlOvdVrrP34XtW9JIQ/viewform

Thank-you for your time!