Linguaholic

This post has been removed.

KIO5NN8C7DEB15AYGM0U

My own attempt to create Blafundo: http://www.blafundo.com/
It's a mix of Dutch, German and English vocabulary and Hiragana (Japanese) script.

I actually believe every language has been constructed at some point in time, so it shouldn't be strange everyone knows at least 1.
After all, speaking languages is something only humans can do (and perhaps parrots too, but let's put that one aside).
If it would have been a natural thing, then why animals can't speak any language (except for parrots)?

• 2 weeks later...

@Blaveloper, your comment ..."If it would have been a natural thing, then why animals can't speak any language (except for parrots)?" made me laugh out loud! Were you being serious or pedantic?!

Anyway, @ Mechanic1c, i've never had any first hand experience of these 'constructed languages" . I think I've heard of Esperanto, but I really don't know anything about it or any others. But it would definitely be interesting to hear one spoken. Whether or not I'd take the time to learn one, I don't know.

@lushlala
I meant it both seriously and jokingly at the same time.
In my opinion, languages aren't anything natural, they have all been constructed at some point in history.
And the worst part is, nobody knows who constructed nearly all languages (although we know who constructed Esperanto).

one of my first encounters with language learning was Esperanto.  I actually made a new friend thanks to this interest back then :)   Sadly I didn't get too far with this language, it was fairly easy to learn, but the motivation was just not enough.  Back then there were several organizations behind the spread of this language, lots sites... sadly most of those sites are now gone :( 

Hehe that's fine then, @Blaveloper LOL i could almost feel the joke in your post, but i just had to make sure. that bit about the animals just made me giggle LOL But on a serious note, I didn't know much about Esperanto before. So I did a bit of poking around and found out it's the most widely spoken constructed language and that it actually dates back to 1887! It's all very interesting. Do you speak any Esperanto? Think I may look for an audio clip because I'm intrigued!

No @lushlala, I don't speak Esperanto.
Learning some basic Esperanto would be interesting though.

6 hours ago, Blaveloper said:

@lushlala
I meant it both seriously and jokingly at the same time.
In my opinion, languages aren't anything natural, they have all been constructed at some point in history.
And the worst part is, nobody knows who constructed nearly all languages (although we know who constructed Esperanto).

I would respectfully disagree there. I think that during human evolution people naturally started producing certain sounds and relating them to objects. I don't think someone who has trouble holding on to rational thoughts stopped and made a dictionary. My opinion is that at one point someone noticed that the language we're using has certain rules and decided to sit down and write down those definitions therefore officially "defining" them. 

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎27‎:‎04‎, Blaveloper said:

After all, speaking languages is something only humans can do (and perhaps parrots too, but let's put that one aside).
If it would have been a natural thing, then why animals can't speak any language (except for parrots)?

Animals DO have language.  They communicate to each other vocally.  They can understand what each growl and grunt means.  Isn't that basically the same as human language just by different means?  

@czarina84.....you make a very good point because in as much as animals don't communicate in a language that's comprehensible to us humans, they DO have their own language(s). I mean, some of it can even be observed in the way animals interact with their human friends. To me, there's some level of communication there. These animals even show a degree of understanding when spoken to.

But I think in the context of this conversation, when people say they can't can't talk, it's in reference to how human speak and articulate their speech and thought processes.