Linguaholic

Anyone using MindSnacks?

webdesignsbyapw

I've been using MindSnacks for quite some time (a nifty language app) and it has really helped me remember some of the Spanish words I have learned in the past. I love it because I don't have to learn with books. Besides, studying books isn't very fun.

Just wanted to see who else knew about it...

Besides, studying books isn't very fun.

What is this blasphemy  :amazed: :P

I have heard of this app, actually, but I don't have an iPhone, so I can't use it (I don't think it'd work on my ancient iPod Nano). It's a pity - it looks nice and I would love to try it. However, I can't find any information whether the lessons go beyond the basic level (I mean for Japanese), so I'm not sure whether it'd be all that useful.

This is a fun way of learning. Since, it's an application in your phone or tablet. You have it with you most the time.  Using it is very convenient. You can use it anytime you want. Of course the words are really limited, unlike if you are using a book.

I am in the same boat, Jellyfish! Not likely to ever own a smartphone--a tablet perhaps. What is a tablet, like a Nook? Do these devices go online? Why not just use my laptop for all that? Can you get Mindsnacks on the laptop?

Why do I need one of these? To read books? I like real books, why would I like this better? I don't pay to read at the library. To go online? Again, laptop? What else? I would like to know about this, maybe even buy one. Help please--is it worth the expense? Which one is better? I don't care if I am up to date but if it is something I can use... :sweating:

I am having huge problems to login with my apple id and therefore I could not download this App until now. However, I might be able to login with my friends' account today and download it (and pay a few bucks for it). I am curious about this app, it looks really cute haha. I will let you know what the fuzz is all about.

@jellyfish: I am glad to hear you still got some real snacks with you :=))

Today I tested the Japanese Version and the Chinese Version of Mind Snacks and I have to admit that I had quite a lot of fun;) you can download the app for free and play and some of the games on level one are for free. You can easily get a feel for the game by playing the free "content". I was about to purchase the other levels for the chinese Version (5 dollars for 50 levels in total), however I had a problem with my credit card.

The graphics of the game are brilliant. Mind Snacks really gamifies learning and I am curious about the paid mini-games and the content of the paid levels. I will buy the "full version" of it soond and will write a short review in here! :wacky: