Linguaholic

Assistance with Pronunciation for Spanish Students of english

Greetings:

I live in Mexico. Previously I taught English in China for several years and it was necessary to learn their language to adjust my teaching style to their needs. Now, living in Mexico I can see very clearly some of the problems facing Latino students who desire to learn English.

I just finished converting my Chinese phonetics program to Spanish to aid hispanohablantes. There are less sounds in Spanish than the target language English, therefore native Spanish Speakers need to be taught these sounds which, from their point of view, are unknown to them...not within their experience.

The URL is here. http://www.elaanslist.com/display/fluency.php  . It is not an app, but instead it is a screen cast used for self-learning. It requires personal dedication and  verbal discipline to complete. It is to be used with your current English lessons.

Improve your knowledge of any language online

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By MiguelTorres
      Hi everyone!! this is my first article, so it is important to say that this document might be with a lot of mistakes or syntax errors. I´m going to write about educational topics and I hope this will help you. Enjoy it and give some advices after reading my essay
      There are different kind of Learning´s methods, so I’m going to talk about a specific one. The learning´s method with taking the mainly ideas and comprehension reading. After that we can use mnemotechnic to increase your retention.  
      The method of comprehension is important for those people that are used to use deduction abilities. This is particular way to think from a general view to a specific thing of a topic.
      If you have a general overview from a topic you are going to prefer to learn with comprehension method than rote method because you are going to take many ideas from your text and it means that there are more content to process and for memorize, in contrast to inference abilities. The last one is easier to memorize because you think with a very particular element from the content.  
       The comprehension method as a mainly method for learning is a good advice if you are on the university. Whether you have to study a lot of information; you need to link your ideas with more efficient thinking and understood quickly the main idea from the paragraph to save time and read more.  There are a few advices from get on with more effectivity. To start you should analyze all the content from the lecture, then make some questions about the topic. After that, do a lecture deeply and more focus on the main ideas. Finally underline the primary and secondary ideas from each paragraph and make an overview saying, like a casual conversation, all the ideas that you remember from the text.  
      To complement you can use Mnemotechnics’ method to memorize quickly and easier for your mint, using a sentence to remember all the important ideas. If you understand the content from the lecture and do all the steps from comprehension lecture you will be enjoy with the results and a get better didactical method to study quicker and deeper.  
      So, that´s it remembers to comment or reply down the chart and if you like the topic and I would talk about the same topic with more details and features.  Give me five stars if your like or if not don´t worry I will improve.   Thank you guys, i will see you soon !!
    • By iBean
      Can you guess answer behind these pictures?

The answers are below.
      ==================================
      Hi everyone, today I want to introduce a new mobile game (iOS and Android). I think it is the hardest English word guessing game you have ever played!
      -----------------------------
      Game: Hear the Picture

Hear the Picture is an English word guessing game with a new, fun and crazy game rule that can challenge your English ability.
      Let's see some examples:
      four + mat = format
      win + doe = window
      you + knight = unite
      ----
      You can see, pronounciation in English is used to make game rule. So, the illustration of a picture does not tell the answer, but its combined sound does.
      ---- HOW TO PLAY ----
      In each picture of a level, you have to find out 2 words that the picture illustrated, then combined their sounds and make another difined word in English, almost not related to what the picture illustrated.
      -----
      You will have a tutorial at starting of game. If you get stuck, there are some tools to help you find out the answer.
      Not easy, but fun! Best to play with your friends and family.
      There are 100 levels to challenge your intelligent, and will be updated more.
      -----
      Link download in website: www.hearthepicture.net
    • By WesleyDeanT
      I've started a series developing a creole and I'd love (not only fans, but) input, advice, critique! Bring it on! Or just enjoy the ride!
      Creating a Creole Part 1
    • By Dimi
      Hi everybody,
      my name is Dimi and I'm a 32-year-old software engineer living and working in Munich. Originally I'm from Bulgaria, but I moved to Germany 7 years ago – and I’m still struggling with German. This inspired me to create LingoHackers: https://www.lingohackers.com/. Check it out if you can relate! 
      We currently support German, English, French, Spanish, Bulgarian and Italian. There are daily challenges on which you can track your progress, chat rooms to easily connect with others, a community forum for your questions and intuitive editing/correction tools to help others.
      Hope to see you there soon! :)
      Cheers,
      Dimi from https://www.lingohackers.com/
    • By alastairbudge
      I’m not sure whether this is the right place to post this (and I hope that this doesn’t go against any rules)….
      I’m an English teacher, language learner (French, Italian, Mandarin), and a generally curious person. 
      I was always really frustrated with traditional ‘listening resources’ for language learning, and thought I would like something more interesting if I was learning English.
      So I’ve just started a podcast for English learners - it’s now on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and lots of other podcast channels.
      The idea is that it’s ‘English Learning for Curious Minds’ - we take a different topic every week and produce a short explainer podcast, complete with transcript & key vocabulary. I’m posting here in case it might be of interest to people - so far students from 110 countries have listened to it, and feedback has been pretty positive. 
      I’d love to know what people thought!
      You can find it here if you are interested: www.leonardoenglish.com/how-to-listen