Linguaholic

Spotify

czarina84

I listen to music and translate it to learn new languages.  I use Spotify for most of my music.  However, the only foreign language (foreign to the US, that is) music that I seem to have run into so far is Spanish, one French song and 99 Luftballoons.  What non-English songs do you know of on Spotify?  Even if it's just a small portion of the song, like the chorus or a verse. 

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I've found songs in Dutch over there ;)   But then again you need to know what you are searching for exactly,  band's name or song's name :)  You can find practically everything over there.  I only use Spotify for fun though,  I'm not into translating songs to learn a language anymore, I was when I was just starting out as a teen though. 

Hi! I found Filipino songs in Spotify as well. Search for Sa'yo by Silent Sanctuary because that's the song that I listened to. Though I think there are a lot more in there, try Dati by Sam Concepcion as well. Good luck!

That would be a really interesting service to use.  I was unaware that you could do that, but it really does make sense to a lot of us who can use music to our advantage.  They say that everyone learns in their own way, and this is just further proof of that in my opinion.  If people can use it to learn a different language easier than I am glad that these companies recognize that and allow the tools for us to use.

• 2 months later...

I hope Spotify would have audio lessons for learning a language. That would be pretty cool, because we can study a specific language wherever we are. However, I think practice in speaking the language is the most important element in learning it.