Linguaholic

Game App on Google Play Store: Sheep Impact

linguaholic

Dear All

For once, I allow myself to make a post in here that is NOT language related. I just wanted to let you know that I just uploaded my very first game on the Google Play store today: Sheep Impact. Its a funny little Jump & Run and is a little bit similar to Flappy Bird. Please check it out, rate it and write some review about it :cool:

IMG_2433.thumb.PNG.29b2fb30ff3065b0b370d

It's a very simple, yet fun and addictive little Jump Game. Please download it and give it a try. Reviews would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Linguaholic

512x512 2.png

IMG_2432.PNG

IMG_2431.PNG

Funktionsgrafik.png

I just downloaded it and tried. It's cute. I like the background music/sound. But I'm afraid I just became the worst shepherd ever! Let's just say in playing the game, several lives of sheep got wasted. :)

Oh, it just occurred to me, were you making word play when you thought of developing this game? This is cheesy, but as soon as I hit the post/reply button; two words came to mind: JUMP SHIP - you know the American slang for when you leave your job, or to move from one situation to another.

So, I thought, oh yeah - JUMP SHEEP!!! after all he's a language enthusiast.

You created this game, Marcel? :o  It looks so cute! I didn't know you were into game developing :o   That sheep is so cute!  I love this kind of games and I am always looking for new games to install on the mobile, because nowadays  I spend a lot time waiting out side doc's offices.  It's good to have something like this to pass the time :)  Thanks for sharing and I will definitely try it! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.1.2016, 15:54:23, Trellum said:

You created this game, Marcel? :o  It looks so cute! I didn't know you were into game developing :o   That sheep is so cute!  I love this kind of games and I am always looking for new games to install on the mobile, because nowadays  I spend a lot time waiting out side doc's offices.  It's good to have something like this to pass the time :)  Thanks for sharing and I will definitely try it! 

Indeed. Thank you for the kind words. Now a new version is online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUnfePKVIGA&feature=youtu.be

Hope you like it. regards

M

• 3 weeks later...

I did create it from scratch, however I learned a lot from tutorials on udemy.com! Was so much fun to produce that game! I did use the Unity 5 Gaming engine and programmed everything in C#.

Regards

L

• 1 month later...

This game looks really cute! Thanks for the tip. My mother in law takes care of sheep at the zoo and she will love this game. She can play it on her break time. I am going to check it out on my Android first though. Thanks for the tip! 

• 3 weeks later...

Aw, I love the name! Unfortunately, I fail in playing Flappy Bird. I think the highest score that I got there was six, lol! But I would still download this game and try it out. I just wish it's available for the App Store as well since I mostly play games on my iPhone. No worries though since I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet that I can download this game in. 

On a related note, what's the highest score anyone has gotten from this game? Want to beat each other's high scores? I'll post mine once I downloaded it and practiced a bit. Haha! Or maybe I should just let my husband play for me... He's good with Flappy Birds...;p

• 3 weeks later...

I am curious to know how long did it take you to create this game. What does it take to make one? I always hear about coding and stuff, is it hard to develop a game like this one? I am guessing you can also create flashcards to better assist language students in remembering their vocabulary?

• 1 month later...

I also would like to know how hard it is to plan and produce a game like this. My son is really into beta testing, he loves all things gaming related. I keep telling him he would be really good at game ideas. And I think he's a fairly good (though self-taught) coder. Thanks for sharing any info.

• 1 month later...

Lovely game. Are you doing this as a hobby or is it your main work? I'm wondering because I've been looking for someone to help me develop an app and I didn't know how to go about it. It's great that you have your very own game out there. Congratulations. Keep them coming. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the positive feedbacks. It is my only app in the app store. It was such an amazing experience to create it, though. Took me a few months to get it done. My coding skills are very limited and I really do not have any talent in coding. So it was some hard work for me.