Linguaholic

Downloadable MP3s

petesede

I am looking for a spanish-learning site that offers MP3s that can be downloaded for an ipod that i can use when I go hiking.  Nothing that requires a book or a website to follow along with.  Obviously preferable that it is free :)

I have so much dead time and it would be better if I was listening to something rather than just music all the time.

I found this one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/cool/ -

The MP3 however is purely Spanish words and expressions. Just an audio listing of said words/expressions. However, there there's  a separate text file that can be downloaded explaining the words in English.

Oh, I guess this won't work for you as you mentioned that you need it for hiking purposes. But I guess, there are those who might benefit from it, too. I just thought to share anyway as there might be others who'll find it useful (especially beginners).

Hi! I found this site:

http://www.englishnspanish.com/audio

The good thing about these audios is that they are made specifically by the US government for students learning about Spanish. So you are sure about its quality and that is good for beginners as well. Good luck!

I remember the Deutsche Well have complete downloadable courses in audio, not just German courses, but different languages available.

Long time not visiting such website, but I will look into to see if I can find this material for you ;)

Thank you, that US Gov´t one was exactly what I was looking for.   I must have messed up the search somehow, because I did try to use Google a lot, but I was getting only stuff you could listen to online, not stuff you could download for an ipod.   Thank you again for the help.

You can use Spanishpod101, they offer one week free and you can download as many mp3s as you want from there during the trial period.  So why not take a look at that site?  In my opinion their approach is amazing.  I tried the Dutch one and wow!  I will definitely get the subscription once i move to the Netherlands :)