Linguaholic

Why Spanish is a Language worth learning?

Apart from its history and cultural impact, which everyone else has already mentioned, Spanish is the second most spoken language on the planet.

Here's the current order, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers.

1. Chinese Mandarin

2. Spanish

3. English

Believe it or not, there are more Spanish speakers than English speakers in the world. Chances are you'll run into some and need to converse with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Spanish is most definitely a language worth learning.  Spanish and English are the main languages I hear in the United States.  It's useful for business and I also agree that it is a romantic sounding language.  I think it is beautiful and it bothers me to hear others say that only English should be spoken in America.  I honestly believe Spanish and English should be taught to everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Reading this thread has really given me motivation to continue learning Spanish! It's a hard language to learn, but once you realize how important it is, you get this huge boost in adrenaline.  :amazed: My reasons are the same as many that have already been said. It's widely used in the Americas, and it's especially worthwhile for me to learn it since I'm planing to move there soon. :)

• 1 month later...

Spanish is an influential language. They had influenced different languages in the world after Spaniards had conquered some countries that they had reach many years ago. In the Unites States, Spanish is the second most commonly spoken language and there are lots of historical letters that were written in Spanish. Learning Spanish really worth our effort because it's one of the languages that is easy to understand, learn and use by many people worldwide.

I believe it is important to learn spanish, because it is spoken in so many countries and it continues to spread, so it will be of advantage if one learnt how to speak spanish.

Apart from its history and cultural impact, which everyone else has already mentioned, Spanish is the second most spoken language on the planet.

Here's the current order, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers.

1. Chinese Mandarin

2. Spanish

3. English

Believe it or not, there are more Spanish speakers than English speakers in the world. Chances are you'll run into some and need to converse with them.

Really???  I knew Spanish was widely spoken in many parts of the world, but is it really the second most spoken language in the world?!  I thought the second most spoken language was arabic or french, then Spanish and then English. Heh, I guess if this is true then I guess I'll have it easier when I travel  :grin:

I'm not sure I'd try to learn Spanish if it wasn't my mother language tho.  Glad it is.

This thread just gave a little bit more motivation to learn Spanish. I have been teaching my self a little Spanish everyday for the past few months and I haven't really made to much progress. I think it is time to put my Spanish lessons into overdrive.

• 1 month later...

Well, in these times, the need for learning a new language comes from a need to expand our influences whether these are business-related or power-related influences. Right now, the most powerful influence in the world is that of the United Sates, so that is why English is almost mandatory in every country. Thus  latin american people are becoming more and more important for the americans and other countries as buyers, so they have to learn this language in order to sell their products to them.

• 8 months later...

This thread just gave a little bit more motivation to learn Spanish. I have been teaching my self a little Spanish everyday for the past few months and I haven't really made to much progress. I think it is time to put my Spanish lessons into overdrive.

Everything tarts when you take small steps towards a big goal :)  Don't lose hope and keep trying, you will succeed as long as you keep on trying.  Just create a study plan, a schedule and try to stick to it. You can do this by picking the materials you will use.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm learning Spanish just because it is such a romantic language! Probably next to French? Anyway I didn't know the real worth and practicality of studying Spanish until I've read the posts above. It's great to know it is such a widely used language around the world next to English!