Love learning new words? Want to use those you know now more accurately and confidently? Then give The Word of the Day Podcast a listen! Among language podcasts, it's one-of-a-kind.
- Words you can really use.
- Explanations that make sense.
- Fascinating word origins.
- Usage examples from everyday life and classic literature.
- Fun bonus segments.
- Plenty of humor and the occasional pun.
- Punchy, action-packed episodes--most between 5-10 minutes.
Does NOT include:
- Jargon, boring words, excessively fancy or pretentious words, random slang.
- Someone just reading stuff out of a dictionary and expecting the meaning to be obvious.
- Long-winded etymologies where roots are parsed in nine different languages.
- Anything except the excitement of discovering and discussing the best language has to offer.
Every episode, we do our best to live up to our credo: "useful words, pleasantly explained." Season 1 (on iTunes!) just finished--language fans, have at it!
Host of The Word of the Day Podcast
Word of the Day Podcast Website: https://www.wotdpodcast.com
This is a song which my grandmother sung recently, she doesn't know the language. She said her mother taught her this song and said never to say it in public (maybe it is explicit or offensive, sorry if it is). Her mother was from Austria-Hungary and spoke the same language as her father from east Romania/west Ukraine if that is any help. I have consulted some Russian speakers and they said maybe it is Polish, and my grandmother suspected this as well. Thanks for any help!
Words & Pictures game by BaltoSlav
A nice way to learn new words or assess your knowledge of a given language's vocabulary. Supports Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Georgian, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Turkish, Ukrainian and some others.