Linguaholic

Improve your English in a fun and interesting way.

The best way to improve your English is to speak it every day doing real things. Take these idioms into service: Idioms examples

Use the selected quotes, idioms, phrases and expressions. Learn and improve your English skills - Yanglish.com. For example: good morning beautiful quotes for her . These quotes are the experiences of great people, these thoughts are tips from successful and famous.

• 3 months later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Funny "DOG" sayings:

"Every dog has its day"
Said to emphasize that everyone is successful or happy at some time in their life. Even the lowliest will sometimes come to the fore.

Example
"They may not listen to me now, but just wait, every dog has its day."

"Why keep a dog and bark yourself?"
Said when you want to know why someone would do something himself or herself when that person already pays someone else to do it
Don't do a chore that should be done by someone you hired to do it.

"You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
Said to mean that it is very difficult to teach someone new skills or to change someone's habits or character.
Getting people to change their habits or acquire new skills is impossible.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips. I would also like to point out that if you watch movies or tv shows or read novels that are in English, you can easily pick up a couple of idiomatic phrases there which in turn, you can imitate as you converse in everyday life.

One of the most interesting things I find about learning language is learning how to use colloquial terms another is contractions. You should always focus on learnin communicative language communicative language is the language that is used by every day people. Usually people will not say lavatory, instead they will say loo or toilet.   Leaning a word "lavatory" is good, but you must know it is better to use loo.

• 1 year later...

Head idioms

Put head on the block

to take great risks for someone or something; to go to a lot of trouble or difficulty for someone or something; to attempt to gain favor for someone or something.

"I'm not going to put my head on the block for you - it could cost me my promotion."

"Councillors often have to make difficult decisions, often putting their head on the block."

I don't know why I should put my head on the block for Lily. What has she ever done for me?

========

Need something like a hole in the head

Used to emphasize that someone has absolutely no need or desire for something

"We need a new shopping centre in our neighbourhood like we need a hole in the head!"

"Extra work? I need that like I need a hole in the head."

=======

Heads will roll

Someone will be severely punished.

"And heads will roll for giving me wrong information."

"When I find out who did this, heads will roll."

"Heads will roll when the principal sees the damaged classroom."

Heart idioms

Heart in the right place
If someone's heart is in the right place, they are good and kind, though they might not always appear to be so.

Heart in your boots
If you're heart is in your boots, you are very unhappy.

Heart in your mouth
If your heart is in your mouth, then you feel nervous or scared.

Heart isn't in it
If your heart is not in something, then you don't really believe in it or support it.

Heart-to-heart
A heart-to-heart is a frank and honest conversation with someone, where you talk honestly and plainly about issues, no matter how painful.

• 5 months later...

Eyes idioms.

• A fresh pair of eyes
  • All eyes on me
  • Keep your eye on the prize
  • See eye to eye
  • Easy on the eyes
  • Eyes are bigger than one's stomach
  • Pull the wool over someone's eyes
  • In the twinkling of an eye
  • Roll your eyes
  • Scales fall from your eyes
  • Turn a blind eye
  • Up to your eyes
  • Without batting an eye

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
English is one of the famous langues in world now, billion of  people knows the English langues so everyone should know the language like English Language school is one of the best platform to learn different languages of world for example Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Malay, Vietnamese, English, French, German and many of the famous languages. language school.io provide internship program, Luxury courses and many other program with the help of language-school.io

• 2 weeks later...

The idea is great but still needs to be improved. I also would like to create a mobile linguistic app but cant find a good developer.Can you please recommend any?

I am looking for a freelancer or a company with many positive reviews and an experience in linguistic field. Is it real? What do you think? I read some reviews of Rubygarage (here is the link of their website https://rubygarage.org/services/mobile-app-development)  but still hesitating. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I will provide lessons of speaking in order to improve your vocab and accent of English, Russian and Serbian language. 

https://www.fiverr.com/sarassion/provide-english-russian-and-serbian-conversational-lessons-via-skype

You will improve your speaking skills and accent in less than 7 days 

You learn real language with Slang and Idioms

You will learn how to improve your accent and speak clearly

I have a list of questions for each level of speaking (beginner, intermediate and advanced). In every question there is a topic we are going to discuss.

You will improve your vocab through the use of new words and expressions. 

I will also send you some materials including audio files, Microsoft Word documents and helpful exercises written by my own.

I am POSITIVE  PATIENT and FUNNY.

I work flexible hours. So, you should contact me before ordering to make an arrangement for the lessons. When we arrange the lesson, the time is fixed and if you cannot attend the class, class will be counted as completed. 

Minimum price and Maximum satisfaction.

Contact me any time 24/7.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/19/2018 at 12:24 AM, scooter said:

The idea is great but still needs to be improved. I also would like to create a mobile linguistic app but cant find a good developer.Can you please recommend any?

I am looking for a freelancer or a company with many positive reviews and an experience in linguistic field. Is it real? What do you think? I read some reviews of Rubygarage (here is the link of their website https://rubygarage.org/services/mobile-app-development)  but still hesitating. 

Creating a mobile linguistic app. That 's a fantastic idea. Many others will benefit from it. Why don't you consult ThinkPalm Technologies? They offer the best app development and test automation services in the industry.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...