Linguaholic

German Noun Gender

bita

4 minutes ago, bita said:

Hi all,

If you want to quickly find the gender of a German noun (der, die, das) check out the Android App "German Article Finder" on Google Play.

Good luck

Is it your app? 

regards

L

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help! I just started learning German with my boyfriend and that is the most difficult part we are stumbling over. We both know a little Spanish and the gender situation is slightly similar, but it throws us off.

On 16.4.2016 at 2:18 AM, sillylucy said:

Thanks for the help! I just started learning German with my boyfriend and that is the most difficult part we are stumbling over. We both know a little Spanish and the gender situation is slightly similar, but it throws us off.

Good luck with your learning! that's true. German noun genders are the most difficult part of this language. Other grammatic rules are almost easy to learn. If you are interested check out another Android application from "BitDeveloper" called "A1 Wortschatz". It lists the whole vocabulary required for A1 level ordered alphabetically and it is also possible to search a word from the list. The English translation shows up immediately below the screen when you select a word. The translation include the most usual meanings as briefly as possible (unlike most dictionaries that people get lost in the huge list of meanings). Other levels A2, B1, ... are coming soon. :)