Linguaholic

Hello / Nimen Hao

Zhenni

Hello everybody! 

I am an expat living in Shanghai, China. I am originally from South Africa and I am currently studying art and design in China. I am fluent in a few South African languages ( We have eleven official languages there). I speak Sotho, Setwana, Afrikaans and of course English. I understand the other languages but cannot speak them fluently. 

I am currently studying Chinese (Or Mandarin, for others who prefer to call it that). I also studied Spanish and French as minors in freshmen but I am not confident in them. 

It is lovely to meet you all.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

58 minutes ago, Zhenni said:

Hello everybody! 

I am an expat living in Shanghai, China. I am originally from South Africa and I am currently studying art and design in China. I am fluent in a few South African languages ( We have eleven official languages there). I speak Sotho, Setwana, Afrikaans and of course English. I understand the other languages but cannot speak them fluently. 

I am currently studying Chinese (Or Mandarin, for others who prefer to call it that). I also studied Spanish and French as minors in freshmen but I am not confident in them. 

It is lovely to meet you all.

Hi Zhenni. So nice to have you here on linguaholic.com. I lived in Nanjing for one year and I am studying Chinese as well :=) Hope you are doing good! 

See you in the threads

L

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Zhenni. You're the first person I've seen on the site who speaks Chinese. It's so cool that you know so many languages, many of them I had to google.Hearing of people who speak many languages sort of gives me drive to want to learn more. So it's very nice to meet you. As for me, I live in America and I am native in 2 languages and am currently learning Spanish and Chinese. My goal is to be fluent in Chinese because I will soon start saving up for a trip to China in a few years. I plan to visit for 2 weeks, around the time of Chinese new year which I see can get pretty expensive. Hope to see more of your posts around.

Best of wishes.

Soa

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Zhenni! Your story looks a lot like mine, I also lived in China and struggled with the language, I'm still trying to learn it after all these years.

Maybe we can help each other, I'm avaliable if you want to contact me. It would also be nice to talk to someone who is a native English speaker.

Xie xie!