Linguaholic

Website with compiled resources for all languages

Hey guys! 

I recently started a website where every week I gather all the best free resources on the internet to learn a specific language. So far I have German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Finnish and Korean. I thought this might help some people as I know how hard it is deciding what resource to learn next. 

Also it would greatly help if you gave any suggestions on improving the website, or if you want to suggest a language to add next!

Anyway, here it is :)

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

1 hour ago, Danili said:

Hey guys! 

I recently started a website where every week I gather all the best free resources on the internet to learn a specific language. So far I have German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Finnish and Korean. I thought this might help some people as I know how hard it is deciding what resource to learn next. 

Also it would greatly help if you gave any suggestions on improving the website, or if you want to suggest a language to add next!

Anyway, here it is :)

Don't forget to add Linguaholic as a resource as well. Thank you. :=)

1 hour ago, linguaholic said:

Don't forget to add Linguaholic as a resource as well. Thank you. :=)

Of course, I'll add it to the main guide within the next few hours :)

I could have requested my blog to be added, but:
1. It's focussed on Japanese.
2. It's so new that it basically has no content yet.

Although I'm not sure if Blogger allows you to, but you should try putting those tables in actual HTML tables instead of images, it'd be nice for those lazy ones who would like to copy/paste it somewhere.

18 minutes ago, Blaveloper said:

I could have requested my blog to be added, but:
1. It's focussed on Japanese.
2. It's so new that it basically has no content yet.

Although I'm not sure if Blogger allows you to, but you should try putting those tables in actual HTML tables instead of images, it'd be nice for those lazy ones who would like to copy/paste it somewhere.

When you meaten up your blog you can tell me and I'll put it in the Japanese article (when I write it!). 

Also yes blogger allows HTML tables but I haven't become good enough at them yet to make them look good. I'm actually learning HTML now so in a few weeks I'll change them all for nice copy/paste-able ones :D

Heh @Danili, that reminds me to when I just started with HTML about 10 years ago.
Tables always seemed to be a troublesome part to me, but it eventually turned out to be perfectly doable in the end.

For example, this one:
finnish%2Bphrases.png

Is this in HTML:
https://jsfiddle.net/9emk2w8b/1/

2 minutes ago, Blaveloper said:

Heh @Danili, that reminds me to when I just started with HTML about 10 years ago.
Tables always seemed to be a troublesome part to me, but it eventually turned out to be perfectly doable in the end.

For example, this one:
finnish%2Bphrases.png

Is this in HTML:

Hey that was pretty quick! I'll use a HTML table with my next article. I was thinking about the whole copy/paste thing a few days ago and how some people may be annoyed at it being a message. 

20 hours ago, Blaveloper said:

For example, this one:
finnish%2Bphrases.png

Is this in HTML:

Problem. Blogger doesn't let me add CSS  in the posts, it's just HTML, doesn't work even if I add <style> tags and put the CSS there.

I see you can as well edit the theme's CSS, so you can put the CSS code there and wrap it around some classes, that'd require a bit of editing (and caution in case your theme is not yours).
Alternatively you can put CSS code inside the "style" attributes, but that'll make your table's HTML code much more bloated.

I was hoping I could find you a plugin for this purpose, but I only see WordPress documentations popping up.
I have made my own CMS system that allows you to apply custom CSS code per post or page, which is a unique feature not available in other CMS systems. :P

On 16 April 2016 at 7:16 PM, Blaveloper said:

I see you can as well edit the theme's CSS, so you can put the CSS code there and wrap it around some classes, that'd require a bit of editing (and caution in case your theme is not yours).
Alternatively you can put CSS code inside the "style" attributes, but that'll make your table's HTML code much more bloated.

I was hoping I could find you a plugin for this purpose, but I only see WordPress documentations popping up.
I have made my own CMS system that allows you to apply custom CSS code per post or page, which is a unique feature not available in other CMS systems. :P

Okay so the solution was quite easy. All I had to do to get a copy/paste-able table was type it up in word, copy that and paste it straight in the blog post (not even in the HTML section). I still had to mess around with the code to get it to center though. 

Got it in the end!