Linguaholic

iHola [SPANISH]

betita03

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it exclusively for android? I mean...isn't it a little weird that an app named 'iHola' would be incompatible with the iPhone? Haha, just kind of a passing observation. :wacky:

In order to develop for iPhone, you MUST own an Apple computer. This makes it an expensive proposition for people who are just making apps as a hobby or who aren't making much money from their apps. On the other hand, Android is free and you don't need anything especially expensive to develop it. A Droid phone costs $30-50 if you want something to test it on.

And the app isn't Ihola!, it's !Hola!, with the upside-down question mark that's used in Spanish.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it exclusively for android? I mean...isn't it a little weird that an app named 'iHola' would be incompatible with the iPhone? Haha, just kind of a passing observation. :wacky:

Its not i-hola, its just hola really. In Spanish, the question marks and exclamation points are also indicated upside down before the sentence as a way to predict the type of sentence when reading.

I finally got around to actually opening this app and poking around in it. Unless you upgrade to the paid version, the free version is mainly a phrase book and dictionary. Useful, but somewhat disappointing.

If you upgrade for $3, there is apparently more. But you don't get a sample of the learning side, so I can't tell if it's even worth it to upgrade.

• 1 month later...

I thought the same thing LOL You're not the only one! Never thought about searching for Spanish learning apps on my iPhone but I think I will now!