Linguaholic

Kanji Posters

Did anybody of you guys came across this page here, yet ?

http://www.kanjiposter.com/

My brother has one of two posters and I have two at home:=) They come in really handy to study characters and also it gives you a nice feeling to have them hanging on your wall. You also have the possibility to write on the poster and then later you can remove it (don't know how to explain this in English hehe).

I might do a competition soon on linguaholic.com and the winner will get a Kanji Poster. The competition could be something rather trivial like: "The person that provides the most valuable content during one month will earn this prize. I have been thinking about this kind of competition for quite a long time and I might start it in October. Kanji Poster is one possible prize. There will be other prizes that are not language-related, maybe an Amazon Voucher for 50 euros or something like that. Stay tuned ^^

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

There will be other prizes that are not language-related, maybe an Amazon Voucher for 50 euros or something like that. Stay tuned ^^

My, my, aren't you rich :P

Those kanji posters are really amazing, I must say, but I wonder whether looking at one of those and thinking "oh my God, there are so many that I don't know yet" is not a source of suicidal thoughts in some people :P

There is something I don't get, though. One of those posters has "all the joyo kanji" - 1945 - and the other has "2024 joyo kanji"... It seems contradictory, or am I missing something?  :confused:

My, my, aren't you rich :P

Those kanji posters are really amazing, I must say, but I wonder whether looking at one of those and thinking "oh my God, there are so many that I don't know yet" is not a source of suicidal thoughts in some people :P

There is something I don't get, though. One of those posters has "all the joyo kanji" - 1945 - and the other has "2024 joyo kanji"... It seems contradictory, or am I missing something?  :confused:

Well, the first poster is a JLPT poster. You can find the definition of what's on it here:

http://shop.whiterabbitjapan.com/kanji-wall-poster.html

And the second one is a Heisig Poster-->contains all the characters that are introduced in J.W. Heisigs Book "Remember the Kanji". You can find more info here:

http://shop.whiterabbitjapan.com/kanji-laminated-wall-poster.html

After all, the two posters are almost identical. Doesn't really matter which one you purchase.  :wacky: