Linguaholic

What book you read in school is your favorite?

lauraxoxo

I know that sometimes the books we get assigned to read in school can be boring. However, I've found some interesting reads, and I'm interested in knowing what everyone's favorite (or least hated) book from school is. Mine was "The Outsiders". 

• 5 years later...
On 7/27/2016 at 4:41 AM, lauraxoxo said:

I know that sometimes the books we get assigned to read in school can be boring. However, I've found some interesting reads, and I'm interested in knowing what everyone's favorite (or least hated) book from school is. Mine was "The Outsiders". 

I also really liked "The Outsiders", but my favorite book was "Fahrenheit 451", by Ray Bradbury. I have a few favorite quotes from this book. They sound like this:
"He was not happy. He was not happy. He said the words to himself. He recognized this as the true state of affairs. He wore his happiness like a mask and the girl had run off across the lawn with the mask and there was no way of going to knock on her door and ask for it back. "
“‘ There must be something in books, things we can’t imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house; there must be something there. You don’t stay for nothing. '”
I didn't like all the other books in the school curriculum, but I had to read them too.

1 hour ago, Casel said:

I also really liked "The Outsiders", but my favorite book was "Fahrenheit 451", by Ray Bradbury. I have a few favorite quotes from this book. They sound like this:
"He was not happy. He was not happy. He said the words to himself. He recognized this as the true state of affairs. He wore his happiness like a mask and the girl had run off across the lawn with the mask and there was no way of going to knock on her door and ask for it back. "
“‘ There must be something in books, things we can’t imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house; there must be something there. You don’t stay for nothing. '”
I didn't like all the other books in the school curriculum, but I had to read them too.

Good choice! I believe that many books from the school curriculum can become interesting to readers after school, when you become interested in other issues and questions. But at school, children are forced, so there is often rejection and dislike for these books or authors. I recommend trying https://edubirdie.com/write-my-essay-for-me to write essays or other necessary assignments with the help of professional writers. This allows you to minimally read a book that you do not like or save time on the preparation of other subjects and dedicate it to full reading of books. There is a great possibility that when you start reading the book, you will wake up interested and you will want to finish this book.

• 1 month later...

I was lucky to be introduced to the classics at a young age. I was able to read works of Shakespeare, Wordsworth, Tolstoy, and Dostoevsky when I was at school. Now, if I were asked to pick just one out of these, it surely is difficult. But I'll go with Shakespeare's Hamlet as it ponders on the arc of the protagonist's moral dilemma - quite similar to what we face in daily life.