Linguaholic

Hello! I'm Mike, and I'm excited to be here!

mike13579

Hi there!

My name is Mike and I've been interested in learning new languages for quite some time. However, I have never been able to follow through with any of the languages I've attempted to learn. I think its a combination of a lack of immersion and a hesitancy to practice when I do have the opportunity. I'm hoping that this forum will provide me with advice to overcome these hurdles and finally make serious headway towards fluency!

Hello Mike,

I was experiencing the same thing you were based on lack of motivation and push but I have learnt new ways and techniques of overcoming my challenges. Do go through the topics and you will see what I mean.

Have fun :rolleyes:

hi mike, i am also studying german too. maybe, if we become study pals, we could motivate one another. yourdailygerman.com is a place to be.

@darkchild, Ba wo ni? shey dada lowa? just wanna say hello and just outta curiosity, why the name darkchild? shey bee lo dudu too ni?

Hi Mike,

Just out of curiousity: what is your motivation to learn German? I'm German and I always hear people who learn the language complain about how difficult it is. So it's interesting that still people want to learn this language.

Best regards,

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike! I currently work in a German Restaurant. I don't know many of the words, but I can help you figure out a lot of the foods. Other than that, welcome to the forum. Everyone is here to learn and to share what they know. Its a pretty immersive place and there seems to be something for everyone. 

Hello Mike.  You certainly stumbled upon a good place to come, and I am glad that you did.  If there is one thing to take away it is the directions that you can get to start learning all these different languages, and knowing where to start is a good thing to know.  Hope you enjoy yourself, and nice to meet you.

Welcome to the Forum Mike. I am on the same boat. Hopefully, we will be able to learn a bunch of languages and share our knowledge and tips. Hope you enjoy the lovely intellectual discussions that we have on the forum.