Linguaholic

Hola! Bonjour! Hi! 你好

Hi everyone! My name is Azren, and I am new to this forum. Languages have always played an important role in my life. When I was a child, I attended a French school, spoke English with my friends, and Gujarati with my family. That being said, my passion for languages didn't really start until I was about 15 years old when I went on a 3 month exchange trip to France. After coming back, I was hooked. When I turned 16, I started studying Spanish, while still attending a French school. 

After graduating from High School, I went to university where I majored in French & Spanish. For the past year or so, my main focus has been on learning Mandarin. Once I've mastered that language, I am going to move onto Hindi, Gujarati, Russian, and Arabic (at a minimum, haha). I have also been focusing on teaching & tutoring French, Spanish, and English, and making videos on YouTube to help people learning those languages.

Anyway, that is a little bit about me! Looking forward to learning more about the others in this community :)

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

35 minutes ago, Azren the Language Nerd said:

Hi everyone! My name is Azren, and I am new to this forum. Languages have always played an important role in my life. When I was a child, I attended a French school, spoke English with my friends, and Gujarati with my family. That being said, my passion for languages didn't really start until I was about 15 years old when I went on a 3 month exchange trip to France. After coming back, I was hooked. When I turned 16, I started studying Spanish, while still attending a French school. 

After graduating from High School, I went to university where I majored in French & Spanish. For the past year or so, my main focus has been on learning Mandarin. Once I've mastered that language, I am going to move onto Hindi, Gujarati, Russian, and Arabic (at a minimum, haha). I have also been focusing on teaching & tutoring French, Spanish, and English, and making videos on YouTube to help people learning those languages.

Anyway, that is a little bit about me! Looking forward to learning more about the others in this community :)

Hi Azren. So nice to have you here! Nothing better for me than seeing another polyglot joining linguaholic.com :)

How do you feel about learning Mandarin? I have been studying Mandarin for many years, but I still feel like there are so many things I don't know or that I can't understand properly. 

At this very moment I am near Ningbo, China with my Chinese friends. We went on a little trip to 舟山. We speak Mandarin all the time, so this really helps mi to 提高我的中文水平。:=.

I am looking forward to see you in the threads. Have a great day.

regards

Lingua

1 minute ago, linguaholic said:

Hi Azren. So nice to have you here! Nothing better for me than seeing another polyglot joining linguaholic.com :)

How do you feel about learning Mandarin? I have been studying Mandarin for many years, but I still feel like there are so many things I don't know or that I can't understand properly. 

At this very moment I am near Ningbo, China with my Chinese friends. We went on a little trip to 舟山. We speak Mandarin all the time, so this really helps mi to 提高我的中文水平。:=.

I am looking forward to see you in the threads. Have a great day.

regards

Lingua

Hi! I'm enjoying Mandarin to be honest. I am nowhere near fluent as of right now, but I will be in China for the entire fall (I leave very shortly) and I'll be returning home right around Christmas. I'll be attending a Chinese school while I am there, while touring around of course. I feel like this will really help me to improve. I'd like to become relatively fluent by the time I return home. 

I had a few quick questions for you actually, since you are currently in China. I am assuming that linguaholic isn't a blocked website in China since you're commenting on this? Or do you have a VPN? I was also wondering if forums in general are blocked or not? I am a part of a few online that I enjoy being a part of (YTTalk being one of my favourites currently), and was wondering I'm going to have to take a 3 month hiatus or not.

Talk soon!

good question. Since Xi Jinping came to power, the firewall is actually 'stronger' than ever. So lots of websites are completely blocked. Some forums might be still accessible. I have been lucky with linguaholic.com so far, It does work without VPN. I have been using VPN for many other websites though: Facebook, Gmail, and so on.....

If you have any specific websites for me to check, please let me know. So I will test the access for you. Got to go know. Let's talk later.

Best,

Lingua

• 5 months later...

Hi all, Actually learning different languages have always been my keen interest. I think I've found a wonderful place to get it done.

So I was thinking of starting with French. Need someone to speak to. I can help you with Hindi.

Thank you.

merci. :)