Linguaholic

Is the word 'Lund' or 'Lundi' correct?

Bergkamp

Basically, on dict.cc it says that der Lundi is an alternative name for a puffin... But on duden.de, there is no record of the word, but instead it says der Lund is in fact an alternative word for puffin... So which, if either, is correct? And how commonly are they actually used?

Danke im Voraus :)

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Maybe this is not very helpfull, but I'm German and I have never heard of one of these words. xD But if you google both of them in combination with "Vogel", this bird is mostly called "Papageitaucher". So as it seems you can use both, but I think Papageitaucher is more common.

Ans also I don't think that this word is really that important, because I didn't even know this bird. xD

13 hours ago, Bergkamp said:

Basically, on dict.cc it says that der Lundi is an alternative name for a puffin... But on duden.de, there is no record of the word, but instead it says der Lund is in fact an alternative word for puffin... So which, if either, is correct? And how commonly are they actually used?

Danke im Voraus :)

I have never heard of those words either :=) However, I am not a bird expert :=)