Linguaholic

Any decent apps for learning Arabic?

111kg

I'm looking forward to finding some apps that teach Arabic. I don't want to learn to write, but rather how to ask for directions, how to order food and other basic stuff. Normally, I would focus on learning this language, but there is a big possibility that I will be sent to Amman, the capital of Jordan, to work for a couple of months. I won't deal with native speakers at work, but I won't be sitting only in the hotel room, as I want to visit Petra and the Dead Sea.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Well I just know that Arabic has to be a particularly difficult language to learn, especially for someone like me coming from the West, so I would think that a mobile app might not really be the way to go.  That said, though, like all of the other languages I can see it playing a role as a good addition, but then again if people are already using languages close to it, then maybe they are a good fir there too.  Best of luck to everyone.