Linguaholic

Your Favorite English Accent

Alfonso

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Irish, Scottish and Australian are definitely my favourite accents. It can get hard to understand everything sometimes, but it's just very enjoyable and even funny to listen to.

It has to be Cockney in my case. My boyfriend is a Cockney boy and I just find it really attractive.  :wink:

Northern accents, especially Scottish, sound interesting too. I used to spend a lot of time with my Scottish friend and I know her accent rubbed off on me!

As a worker in transport, I hear a lot of different accents everyday and it's so satisfying to recognize where people come from.

Oh I almost forgot about lovely accent from Sheffield! That's my new favourite, my new work colleague comes from there and I can't stop listening to her. :)

Far and away, the English Welsh accent! The Welsh are the only people who can make English sound like music. I do love the British and Australian basic accents as well, but the Welsh one has such a beautiful lilt to it, and I can listen to them all day!

I like Welsh accents and Australian accents. Only to listen to, I'm not sure if I could handle hearing myself speak like that all the time. Not being racist, of course. I just mean to say that it's nice to hear every once in a while, but I prefer my own accent, thanks (New Zealand).

I love Welsh, Irish and Scottish accents, because they just have such a beautiful sound and they're so different to the accent in my country (New Zealand). I also really like Cockney accents, just because I really like London and I think they sound really cool. The New Zealand accent is a bit boring...

I like the British English accent the best, the fancy one. With that accent, even the dirtiest words and sayings sound sophisticated. Of course, I do realize that everyone with a fancy British accent won't turn out to be sophisticated, but it sure helps out with the image.

I like American accents (I know there is several different accents in the U.S, but I can hardly differentiate them for the most part. I don't have a good ear for accents...)

Accents from other English speaking countries are difficult for me to understand for some reasons. For example I can watch anything on a American TV channel and understand absolutely everything as if it was my native language, but if I do the same thing with a British or Australian channel it all sounds like gibberish to me. I'll only understand every other word if even that.

I agree with you! I think that Jamaican accent is sooooooooooooooo cool! It just sounds as if they were singing or something, it has quite a melodic tone, so it's really nice.

In general, I'd say Russian. It sounds pretty badass. But, it really depends on who's speaking. For instance, I think Phil Anselmo has a great voice. It's a southern drawl. Also, Neil Fallon, who's from Maryland, Virginia.

I also feel that the Russian accent is amazing. It just sounds so...hard core. It's really wicked how they pronounce words. I feel that they are actually imposing power, you know?

Too bad I kinda have a Mexican accent.  :cry:

With English being the universal language and the national language of several countries, its no surprise that you'll find a long list of different English accents. From the list below (which only includes some of the more popular English accents) which is your favorite accent, I personally like the English accents of people from Jamaica and Spain.

English Speakers from..

-America (New York)

-America (South)

-America (California)

-Australia

-Canada

-China

-England (Cockney)

-England (Standard)

-England (South)

-England (Welsh)

-England (Midlands)

-France

-India

-Italy

-Jamaica

-Malaysia

-Mexico

-New Zealand

-The Philippines

-Russia

-Scotland

-Scandinavia

-Spain

(I'm sure there are a lot of others so please don't limit your answers to this list)

Wow, and I thought our Jamaican accent was unappealing. Thanks bro :grin: I like the British and Australian accent. I don't like when there accent is too thick though. I tend not to be able to follow clearly what they are saying.

I really like the Australian accent, especially when a girl is talking it. I don't know why, but I think it sounding very cute.

I really hate the Britsh accent, I can't stand that at all. It seems like they are overreacting every single word.