Linguaholic
Improve your knowledge of any language online

Choosing correct adjective

Hello! Would somebody be so kind to help me find the most suitable synonym for the word "flexible", "flexibility" in relation to equipmnet, namely checkout counters (boxes) in supermarket. As a matter of fact, I need the word starting with L, that actually means that our checkouts arent standard but can be flexible (design).

Thank you so much!

Improve your knowledge of any language online

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By John Ulmer
      I often have questions about French usage that can't be solved by a dictionary, so I have been relying on Linguee quite a lot.
      For each word or phrase you can get a long list of real-world usages pulled from the Web.
      It covers many languages, though I can only vouch for the French content as I haven't used it for any other languages so far.
    • By sherbsherb
      Long time I've been looking for any online service, where I could store and keep my own words, with translation, example and train them with a written test. But did not find it anywhere.
      Numerous apps and sites offer pre-compiled abstract words with flashcards test, but I wish my words with a written test.
      So I refreshed computer lessons from school, studied basics of web design for 3 weeks on youtube and made such webpage. Now I use it to learn Finnish language and like it a lot. Maybe someone find it useful.
      http://testyourwords.com/

Share any ideas how to improve it.

• By wotdpodcast
      Love learning new words? Want to use those you know now more accurately and confidently? Then give The Word of the Day Podcast a listen! Among language podcasts, it's one-of-a-kind.

Includes:
      - Words you can really use.
      - Explanations that make sense.
      - Fascinating word origins.
      - Usage examples from everyday life and classic literature.
      - Fun bonus segments.
      - Plenty of humor and the occasional pun.
      - Punchy, action-packed episodes--most between 5-10 minutes.

Does NOT include:
      - Jargon, boring words, excessively fancy or pretentious words, random slang.
      - Someone just reading stuff out of a dictionary and expecting the meaning to be obvious.
      - Long-winded etymologies where roots are parsed in nine different languages.
      - Anything except the excitement of discovering and discussing the best language has to offer.

Every episode, we do our best to live up to our credo: "useful words, pleasantly explained." Season 1 (on iTunes!) just finished--language fans, have at it!

Jamie Silva
      Host of The Word of the Day Podcast

iTunes: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/podcasts-wotdpodcast/id1193108780
      Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-934588746-565122450
      Word of the Day Podcast Website: https://www.wotdpodcast.com
    • By Baylissimo
      Check it out on the Google Play store
      This mini app lets you listen and learn fun words.
      These words are English fantasy words from films, books and games like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Clash of Clans.
      More themes, accents, languages and formats are on the way.
      Enjoy

Check it out on the Google Play store

• By Kirshi
      Hi All!
      I would like to share with you my technique which I used to memorize foreign words.
      When I used to be a student and had an exam in foreign languages, I used to ask my fellow students to ask me the words from my dictionary, which we had to learn, and I had to tell them the correct word. I believe that this method helped me a lot in learning the difficult words.
      So, I came up with the idea of creating a small and simple Android app which acts like a personal dictionary. The purpose is simple: 
      - You write down the words which you would like to remember into your phone and translate them
      - You can test your knowledge by playing - the program will ask you the words and you have to type the correct translation.
      For example, let`s say you study German and your are an English speaker. You save these words in your dictionary: table - der Tisch. The app will ask you "What is table in your studied language?", then you have to type "der Tisch". Simple, isn`t it? 
      Of course, you can modify or delete the words which you don`t need anymore. There is an option to export your words to Google drive or similar. 
      I m planning to add more features but this depends on how much free time I have... I know that this is a simple application right now, so I would be very happy if you share your ideas with me. If you wish to see some other features, don`t hesitate to let me know   Just drop a message, or reply here.
      The app is called I know that word and can be found here:
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.reminder.words.kirshi.wordsreminder
      It is free! 
      I hope that you will find it useful!
      Thanks