Linguaholic

Mandarin Chinese grammar question

Hello there! I have a question about Mandarin Chinese grammar. Which of the following sentences are acceptable: 

1) 他是在公共汽车里的前面 
2) 他是在公共汽车的前面里 
3) 他是在公共汽车里的前面里 

Also, would you be able to say something like "他是在前面的公共汽车(里)? 

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't use any of these three sentences, to be honest. Could you provide a translation of what you would like to get across for those three sentences. I might be able to provide some solutions then. 

I'm trying to say "he is in the front of the bus". The thing is that I'm a syntactitian doing research, so I'd like to know if these sentences are acceptable grammatically, regardless of how commonly it's used. Thanks! :D

Since this is a Chinese-specific question and grammar related, I've moved it to a more appropriate section.

Scribendi: World-Class Editing and Proofreading
2 hours ago, Johann said:

I'm trying to say "he is in the front of the bus". The thing is that I'm a syntactitian doing research, so I'd like to know if these sentences are acceptable grammatically, regardless of how commonly it's used. Thanks! :D

then I would just say 他在公共汽车前面。

the 里 is definitely wrong semantically here, also syntactically I would say as it doesn't make any sense to have a preposition at this place in the sentence. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Aprendando Español
      Necesito aprendar sobre diferente conceptos gramatical.

I have present tense for -ar, -er, and -ir verbs, and Iḿ working on Future and Preterite for both.
      Discord moves too fast for me, so I need a better setting. Can you fellow Linguaholics provide me with a short crash course in avanzado gramatica españa?

It doesn´t need to be in-depth, just a chart or something showing the more obscure verb tenses. I also need help conjugating oír, dar, and dicer.
      Gracias,
      A.S.
    • By rocopolo
      Hi everyone, I've created a youtube channel collating similar vocabulary in Mandarin, Japanese and Korean. I hope people learning any of these languages would find it easy to pick up the other languages as well. You can check out the latest video on my channel here:  https://youtu.be/LjuWeyLnHiA 
    • By Espandench
      Hi
      Does anyone know of any discord servers for language learning where people actually use the voice chat rooms to speak?
      I have joined a few but the voicechat features are almost never used.
      I'm a woman who is learning French, Esperanto and just starting Mandarin. English is my native language.

Thanks in advance 
      J
    • By nianen
      大家好!I wanted to share my free pop-up dictionary that allows you to learn Chinese while watching your favorite shows on Netflix and reading on the web. You can bookmark new words and export them to flashcard decks. Both ‘s’ and ‘b’ will save/bookmark words.
      You can download the extension for free here:
      https://www.inkah.co/
      Here’s also a short video tutorial on how to use it:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7srrvsXi2k

I hope you all find this helpful! 

加油!
    • By Laura7
      Heyy, I have a question about Japanese grammar. So I was supposed to make a sentence using words 私/マリア/弟/ポーランド語/教える。Idk why but I forgot that くれる can be used not only when sb gives sth to ME, but also when refering to my Family members. Sooo I was desperate to make a sentence in which I am the one who receives something. So I created sth like this:
      マリアさんが私に弟をポーランド語を教えてくれました。
      Is it completely wrong? ( I have a feeling it is) But what If I want to imply that I am the one who is happy? For example I was the one looking for a teacher for my brother and I finally wound マリアさん? Does it make any sense? 
      And additional question if sb is nice enough to take a look.
      Is it gramatically correct?
      - おなかがすいていますが、れいぞうこに食べ物はありません。。。
      - 父がちょうど今会社から家に帰っているところですから、途中で何か食べ物を買うように頼みましょう。 
      And this one:
      私は体を丈夫にするために、毎日運動しています。

Thank U in advance.