Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Exam needed before working in Japan

Recommended Posts

It depends on what visa you're coming on and what job you wish to do. Most college graduate level jobs require JLPT N1 pass and TOIEC (english) helps a lot. Those companies will also need to sponsor your visa in Japan.

I'm here on a college visa and I didn't need to pass any exams to work at Starbucks. I had to get a stamp in my passport to be permitted to work and pass the interview with the store manager though!

I know there are some compnaies that require very minimal Japanese skill. Most of these companies however, are based in a different company (eg Philippines) and they have a branch in Japan and employ Filipinos to work there on contracts.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...