Linguaholic

What are your favorite words in spanish?

Trellum

Hello guys!  What are some of your favorite words in spanish?  There are some words that I've always liked, for example the word ''crisálida''.  Another words I really like (the way they sound mostly) are:

- Quéretaro

- Meridiano

- Aurora

- Muchedumbre

- Mediodia

- Elixir

- Extasis

Feel free to share your favorite ones :)

My favorite Spanish word is more like a name versus a word, but it's Margarita, because it's my name in Spanish, as well as my mother-in-law's name in Spanish, so I think that's kind of cool! My name is Meaghan, and that's just another version of Margaret, so in Spanish, it's a lot less confusing...We both have the same name!

I like the suffix "-ería", which you add onto a word to describe a shop that vends the word. For example, "zapatos" are shoes, while a "zapatería" is a shoe store. It is helpful because a whole section of vocabulary is covered by the suffix.

My favourite words in Spanish would have to be (Apologies if some words are misspelt) 

1. - Desgraciamente

2. - Desafortunadamente

3. - Muerte

4. - Ciencias

I love the first and second simply because you sound like somebody Intelligent when you say them.

I love 3 and 4 because of breaking bad (I won't say what scene though because of spoilers)

My favorite word has to be "tiquismiquis", which means something along the lines of "trivial" in english. It is just one of the most fun words to say.

Seriously, just say it. tiquismiquis!

I have never ever heard that one before, and I think I'm in love! It sounds so stupidly cute. tiquismiquistiquismiquistiquismiquis

And all my favorite words are related to cute or soft stuff, not just how they sound but what they imply too:

pelusa (fluff) - Tiny, light and warm <3

esponjoso (spongy) - I love how de ponjo sounds in this word and it reminds me of something puffy, something you would want to squish.

bufanda (scarf) - I like how the bu sounds strong and then is like a release ...bu-fanda

One of my favorite words is "enseñar" because in Portuguese we have a very similar word "ensinar - teach", but in Spanish it means "show" (or something similar), so I always find it funny when I hear it.

• 3 weeks later...

I grew up in a Spanish country, and I used to love hearing the grown ups calling the kids "hijo" or "hija". Something about it just sounded royal to me. Also, I've heard the word "pendejo" spoken in a few movies, and I absolutely loved the word right away. I don't really use it myself, but it amuses me whenever I see it utilized in a show or a movie.

Hello guys!  What are some of your favorite words in spanish?  There are some words that I've always liked, for example the word ''crisálida''.  Another words I really like (the way they sound mostly) are:

- Quéretaro

- Meridiano

- Aurora

- Muchedumbre

- Mediodia

- Elixir

- Extasis

Feel free to share your favorite ones :)

I'm a hopeless romantic so I would say, "mi amor". I like to hear Spanish songs recently too if I may just add that. :-)