Linguaholic

does anybody else feels pissed off if...

teeekilicious18

If you hear someone trying to speak your language, esp French, the most famous and their accents failed... I don't know why but if in my country or in my opinion, if you try to "speak" French at a country that don't speak French, people will roll eyes at ya or laugh at ya unless you said it correctly which is not like some kind of freak who speaks like they are forcing themselves.  It sounds ugly and "exhilarating." Now, I don't mean to sound obnoxious but what basic French freshman don't know is that Italian language IS the king. I know why but I wouldn't wanna continue just incase it may cause a fuss. Let me tell you my story about my French life...

I know French, not only because I "know" it in High School then not speak it for several years later and only decides to speak it because the word sounds melodically beautiful... I know French, not because I am jealous. 

I know French because I have lived/travelled in Paris before, learnt it in High School then continuously use it whilst trying to master English. Not learning it for fun but really, for academic purposes. I'm so not a freaking newbie to French.

And now, I'm trying to learn Italian through French because their grammar is related. Spanish is related to Italian only because of their pronunciation.  

Some freaking annoying freak goes up to me, continuously says, "Bonjour Ca Va...." "bonjour..." while there are also some that says... "voulez-vouz, vouz vouz...." LIKE... STOP IT! Don't just say French greetings to me then consider fluent. 

I so want a jar to put a $1 to every time I hear someone pronounce French wrongly. Newbies doesn't also know that mastering French pronunciation is freaking tough. The French pronunciation is like learning Arabic pronunciation, its a lifelong language journey.. Nobody can fool me with languages, I mean it. Cause.. I am not allowed to learn the next after I've mastered it and then there's people that want to proudly show off that they are a newbie. Who the freak does that?

So basically, you say "if you don't speak French, just STFU and stick with your own language instead".

All learners of any language start off with bad pronunciation (unless they exclusively learn the written half of the language, then they will never come to pronunciation at all), so you can't expect anyone who just studies a language to magically sound like a native speaker, it's not how language learning works.
In fact, people just need to mirror native speakers to perfect their pronunciation, which always starts off with bad pronunciation.

5 hours ago, Blaveloper said:

So basically, you say "if you don't speak French, just STFU and stick with your own language instead".

All learners of any language start off with bad pronunciation (unless they exclusively learn the written half of the language, then they will never come to pronunciation at all), so you can't expect anyone who just studies a language to magically sound like a native speaker, it's not how language learning works.
In fact, people just need to mirror native speakers to perfect their pronunciation, which always starts off with bad pronunciation.

yup. oh ya that reminds me haha, i used to be like them to. oops. but i wasn't really that proud of it. i mean not too proud you know what i mean xD