Linguaholic

Learning Spanish

badassbugs1

Hey I am a Native English only speaker and am attempting to learn Spanish!  So I failed Spanish 3x in high school before I gave up but 10 yrs  later Im ready to give it another try. My goal is to get to a B2 level within 10yrs.  I have been learning about 9 months now roughly 1 hr a day of study and from everything I have read I should at least be at A1 level by now which I am not!  The programs I use now are Rosetta stone (gift) , Duolingo , memorise  and hello talk.  I plan to purchase Assimil when I finish Rosetta stone.  I am and always have been a S-L-O-W learner so Im positive my progression will come much much slower than the average person but as long as I see some progress Ill be happy.  Im currently testing a 6/10 on the free A1 spanish online test.  I am on level3 of rosetta stone.  I plan to retest myself every month and hope to make progress.  My question is how often should I test myself to see if Im learning?  Also does anyone else have any success stories about people over coming and learning a language that they thought would be impossible?  It would be very inspirational to me thanks!