Hey, my dear friends!
I just found out an amazing Chinese learning tool.
eChineseLearning has been teaching Chinese online for over 14 years，they’are definitely qualified for any level Chinese learner to stick with！！
I was completely shocked how they respond to my injury, I been told all of their teachers are native speakers, and eChineseLearning is constantly recruiting those who have the certification to teach Chinese from all around the world！
check it out if you are interested！ definitely worth a try
By Mary Jay
I would like to recommend one great resource for learning Chinese characters.
I have been using it for 6 months already and I am really happy about it.
Although it has no other features except vocabulary memorization, it suits me perfectly as memorizing characters is my main pain point ;-( https://www.hackchinese.com/
Would you be able to share some other tools you are using for learning Chinese words?
Hi! I'm developing an application to learn various languages from ground up: starting with alphabet and continuing into sentence building and writing. I need feedback and I would love to give everyone codes for the full version so you don't have to watch ads. I try to post updates weekly adding fresh content and new games. It has quite a few cool features:
- Various languages available for offline learning: Thai, Russian, Korean, Spanish, French (more languages on the way!)
- Alphabet and spelling activities – build the foundations of your language knowledge.
- Grammar drills – practice useful grammar structures for daily communication.
- Real-life conversation examples – be ready to speak while go to another country.
- Language tips - listen to step-by-step explanations and real-life examples that you can use right away.
- Lesson dictionary - you don't need to look for a dictionary to find a word you don’t know.
- Fun randomly generated games and quizzes to track your progress - revise and improve your language skills in fun games that are generated uniquely each time you play them.
- Dictionary - browse through all the words with examples from all the courses to revise them.
- Favorite words - add words from lessons to revise them!
- Achievements and progress - track your improvements and progress easily.
- Frequent updates – extend your skills with more topics covered and brand-new games.
It's available on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codescape.learngo
I work at Pandanese (just know I am biased but honest ) and would like to introduce our app to Linguaholic community. Hope it will be useful for some of you who learn Chinese.
So, Pandanese is a web application focused on teaching the Simplified Chinese vocabulary. It's way more common in the world both offline and online (except in Taiwan, Macau, and Hong-Kong).
It uses Space Repetition System (check out Anki) to learn and review in set intervals to match the mind's natural processing speed of building memories. See pic below.
We use spaced repetition with our first intervals at 4 hours after learning and 8 hours after your first correct review. All in all, it takes 9 reviews (SRS-levels) to memorize the item.
Pandanese teaches from the very basic -- from radicals through characters to vocabulary. It goes without saying
Our app uses mnemonic sentences to help memorize the meaning and pronunciation. It's proven to aid with memorization too.
I know that some of you are still locked down, and perhaps it's is the perfect time to learn or review some Chinese characters and words. Everybody is welcome onboard!
Note that the Pandanese lessons start from the very basic -- the simplest radicals, characters and words. See Lesson 1 structure.
So if you are at the intermediate or advanced level, I would recomment to start from later lessons or choose higher learning speed.
We are a really small team who work part-time. So, I'm sure it's not perfect but we're doing our best, and your feedback will be really appreciated.