Linguaholic

Does anyone chat on webcams to help them to learn languages?

melisapink

• 1 month later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

You can check this web site out: http://polyglotclub.com/  You can find a lot language partners over there, if you have Skype you can video chat with them over there!  I've actually done that in the past, I did it with an Israeli guy who wanted to practice his english.

I'd often ask him questions regarding to Hebrew as well, sometimes we'd just talk about our lives and shared all sorts of things.  We practiced our english that way, it was really fun :)  We talked once a week! Sadly he can no longer chat because his wife just had a baby and he's working extra. 

Just create a profile on that web site and start contacting people :)  I'm sure you will meet a lot interesting people over there!

Well, you can chat on local chatrooms in MIRC and you can post a message in the chatrooms to the locals if they can help you learn or translate a few words into their native language. Personally, I haven't done that yet though.

Yes, I've tried this in the past. I came across a website that had a section with a good amount of members helping each other learn each other's language, and I participated for a while. The only hard part is setting up appointments and keeping them, because I'm a little moody especially when it comes to learning.

My husband and I used to chat on webcams before we got married. We came from different nationality and through that way we exchange teaching and learning each others languages. And it help us both a lot so when we got married we had a knowledge already about each other languages and it is easy for us to communicate and understand each other. I think there are some sites using webcams teaching some foreign languages but I had not tried any of them.

Chat in different languages. Uh. I have never tried it, nor have I felt inclined to do so, but reading about it and thinking for a bit, I can't help but asking myself why the hell not? I constantly write in different languages, would it be so weird to make the jump to speech?

Gonna see if I can find the time to explore that Polyglot link, seems interesting.