Linguaholic

Olá! ¡Hola! Hi, there!

MartaTomTom

Hi there!

My name is Marta and I'm from Spain, so of course my native language is Spanish. I'm also fluent in English and I'm learning European Portuguese. In the future I'd like to learn other languages (maybe French or Italian) and I'd really like to be able to speak an 'exotic' language (for me exotic languages are those using a different alphabet). If I have to choose one... I think that would be Greek. I kind of know the alphabet because I studied Ancient Greek at high school, so at least that's a start.

Yet, for now I'll just stick to English and Portuguese. I'd like to have at least an intermediate level of Portuguese before starting studying other languages.

I'm really looking forward to discovering what the forum can offer and contributing to it as much as I can :)

Até mais! See you soon! ¡Hasta la próxima!

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

9 hours ago, AlphaGaijin said:

If you are looking for the "exotic" , try far eastern languages. They sure are interesting in many aspects. I hope you can achieve what you aim for here  

I'm sure they're really interesting :). Actually, I find Korean appealing, but for now I admit I'm not brave enough to start learning such a different language. That's why I thought of Greek, which after all, is the origin of many Spanish words. Maybe it's easier for me in terms of vocabulary.

But, yeah, I definitely agree it may be much more interesting to give a go to a more "different" type of language. I'll think about your suggestion... ;)

Greek is also a greek choice in my point if view. I am turkish and there are many greek people around here in my city. The way they speak , and that great literature is something to die for. Maybe I should be the one to get inspired from you and learn Greek someday :D