Linguaholic
Accredited Online TEFL

Translating French expressions to English

Hi,

Could someone help me with some expressions/sentences I don't understand or don't find the right expression in English? It's needed for a translation project and it's really important! Thank you!

1. Ca te fait quelque chose.
2. On va baliser le terrain! Mais il n'y a rien á baliser. (couple at the airport, waiting for their baggages)
3. Même la crevette elle nous a regardé elle a dit "j'te jure moi aussi j'trouve c'est abusé".
4. C'est comme ça faut s'y faire hein... 
5. Elle m'a quitté. Je fait le malin mais c'est moi qui ai pas assuré. 
6. Moi j'ai des copains ils ont l'air bien avec leur chérie. Je leur dis "tu l'aimes ?" Ils me répondent "vite fait".
7. Je fais le malin alors que...  qu'elle m'a quité cette fille. 
8. Ca c'est très français de bouger tout le corps. C'est pas un jugement c'est un constat.  Il y a qu'en france ou il y a des mecs qui disent  "dit donc, faut que j'te dise un truc parce que y'a pas mal de gens  qui au niveau de l'entreprise,  m'ont parlé de pas mal de dossiers. Faudrait que j'ten parle j'ai euh... quand même euh... quelqu'un qu'est sur le coup et puis va falloir qu'on en parle 
parce que hier c'est vrai que toi t'es venu de l'autre côté euh..."
9. Y'a qu'en france ou au milieu d'une phrase on peut donner un petit coup de sifflet personne te dit rien. Genre euh... "dit donc, va falloir le faire, les autres euh... y sont là et uuuuiiiiit de l'autre côté. L'autre il répond, il surenchérit même, il dit même pas qu'il... non... "Eh m'en parle pas hier ils étaient carrément uuuuiiit et moi uuuuhuuuu."
10. Ils matent le steak.
11. Un mec qui aurait le forfait sommeil quoi. 
12. Quand tu commences à fredonner des chansons tu sais euh... super anciennes avec l'air vachement habité comme ça 
et que chaque intro de chanson tu te la prends dans la tête.
13. Dodelinage (some kind of head movement to music?)
14. Tu fais le foufu (while dancing)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Majul
      Online French courses OUT !
      From 2€/hour : book now your group / private lessons : on http://cours.demarchefle.com   Bonjour / Hello everyone,
      We are launching our new website providing French courses !
      Any student interested can click on the link above to have more information about how to process, what methodology we use, how and when you can take courses, etc.
      We are two native French teachers and we would like to give a maximum of students the opportunity to learn French online at a cheap price, after numerous talks with our foreign students these past years.
      We hope to see you soon !
      À bientôt.
    • By Espandench
      Hi
      Does anyone know of any discord servers for language learning where people actually use the voice chat rooms to speak?
      I have joined a few but the voicechat features are almost never used.
      I'm a woman who is learning French, Esperanto and just starting Mandarin. English is my native language.

Thanks in advance 
      J
    • By reno711
      Hey there!
      I'm looking for someone to revive my French with. I was raised in France until I was three and return there often, but the disuse while living in America has nonetheless made it embarrassingly rusty! If you are looking for an English speaker to exchange with, please let me know through PM.
      Cheers!
    • By Cervantes
      Hello.
      In the historic French fur trade, the manager of a trading post was often a bourgeois (gentleman and shareholder in the company) Question: Would it be grammatically correct for employees (voyageurs, for example) to address the manager as 'Monsieur Bourgeois'? 
    • By Vincent
      Hello!
      I am Vincent. I had a hard time learning French. But I found a learning method that changed my life!
      I'm here to share this with you guys so you can use the same method as I did =)

Studies show that 95% of those who learn a language during an extended stay in a foreign country can speak the language in a much better way than those who do not immerse themselves in the new language. For most people, the easiest and most effective way to learn a new language is to speak a lot. In this way, new neuronal pathways and connections are formed in your brain. Very soon you will be able to use the new skills confidently. We have understood this principle and developed a new language learning program that allows you to speak your new language from day one, whether at home or on the go. Try it yourself, and you will see how much easier language learning is than with traditional language course.
      For the link to the method! https://bit.ly/31tE8mI