Linguaholic

Android app to practice Chinese pronunciation

Hope I’m not violating any rules here. I’ve created an Android app for Chinese pronunciation practice. All user interactions are voice-based, therefore it can be used while driving or cycling or just at home. 

Here is the link to Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rnk.handsfree.chinese.handsfreechinesemandarintonesandsounds

For a limited time (one week, starting from tomorrow) I’m offering a 50% discount. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By iBean
      Can you guess answer behind these pictures?

The answers are below.
      ==================================
      Hi everyone, today I want to introduce a new mobile game (iOS and Android). I think it is the hardest English word guessing game you have ever played!
      -----------------------------
      Game: Hear the Picture

Hear the Picture is an English word guessing game with a new, fun and crazy game rule that can challenge your English ability.
      Let's see some examples:
      four + mat = format
      win + doe = window
      you + knight = unite
      ----
      You can see, pronounciation in English is used to make game rule. So, the illustration of a picture does not tell the answer, but its combined sound does.
      ---- HOW TO PLAY ----
      In each picture of a level, you have to find out 2 words that the picture illustrated, then combined their sounds and make another difined word in English, almost not related to what the picture illustrated.
      -----
      You will have a tutorial at starting of game. If you get stuck, there are some tools to help you find out the answer.
      Not easy, but fun! Best to play with your friends and family.
      There are 100 levels to challenge your intelligent, and will be updated more.
      -----
      Link download in website: www.hearthepicture.net
    • By Mary Jay
      Hi everyone,
      I would like to recommend one great resource for learning Chinese characters.
      I have been using it for 6 months already and I am really happy about it.
      Although it has no other features except vocabulary memorization, it suits me perfectly as memorizing characters is my main pain point ;-( https://www.hackchinese.com/
      Would you be able to share some other tools you are using for learning Chinese words?
    • By Nikolay
      I work at Pandanese (just know I am biased but honest ) and would like to introduce our app to Linguaholic community. Hope it will be useful for some of you who learn Chinese.
      So, Pandanese is a web application focused on teaching the Simplified Chinese vocabulary. It's way more common in the world  both offline and online (except in Taiwan, Macau, and Hong-Kong).
      It uses Space Repetition System (check out Anki) to learn and review in set intervals to match the mind's natural processing speed of building memories. See pic below.

We use spaced repetition with our first intervals at 4 hours after learning and 8 hours after your first correct review. All in all, it takes 9 reviews (SRS-levels) to memorize the item.
      Pandanese teaches from the very basic -- from radicals through characters to vocabulary. It goes without saying
      Our app uses mnemonic sentences to help memorize the meaning and pronunciation. It's proven to aid with memorization too.

I know that some of you are still locked down, and perhaps it's is the perfect time to learn or review some Chinese characters and words. Everybody is welcome onboard! 
      Note that the Pandanese lessons start from the very basic -- the simplest radicals, characters and words. See Lesson 1 structure.

So if you are at the intermediate or advanced level, I would recomment to start from later lessons or choose higher learning speed.
      We are a really small team who work part-time. So, I'm sure it's not perfect but we're doing our best, and your feedback will be really appreciated.
    • By alastairbudge
      I’m not sure whether this is the right place to post this (and I hope that this doesn’t go against any rules)….
      I’m an English teacher, language learner (French, Italian, Mandarin), and a generally curious person. 
      I was always really frustrated with traditional ‘listening resources’ for language learning, and thought I would like something more interesting if I was learning English.
      So I’ve just started a podcast for English learners - it’s now on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and lots of other podcast channels.
      The idea is that it’s ‘English Learning for Curious Minds’ - we take a different topic every week and produce a short explainer podcast, complete with transcript & key vocabulary. I’m posting here in case it might be of interest to people - so far students from 110 countries have listened to it, and feedback has been pretty positive. 
      I’d love to know what people thought!
      You can find it here if you are interested: www.leonardoenglish.com/how-to-listen
The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...