Linguaholic

Own words written test

sherbsherb

Long time I've been looking for any online service, where I could store and keep my own words, with translation, example and train them with a written test. But did not find it anywhere.

Numerous apps and sites offer pre-compiled abstract words with flashcards test, but I wish my words with a written test.

So I refreshed computer lessons from school, studied basics of web design for 3 weeks on youtube and made such webpage. Now I use it to learn Finnish language and like it a lot. Maybe someone find it useful.

http://testyourwords.com/

Share any ideas how to improve it.

12 hours ago, sherbsherb said:

Long time I've been looking for any online service, where I could store and keep my own words, with translation, example and train them with a written test. But did not find it anywhere.

Numerous apps and sites offer pre-compiled abstract words with flashcards test, but I wish my words with a written test.

So I refreshed computer lessons from school, studied basics of web design for 3 weeks on youtube and made such webpage. Now I use it to learn Finnish language and like it a lot. Maybe someone find it useful. Th

http://testyourwords.com/

Share  any ideas how to improve it.

Hi there

I checked this out and it was easy enough to store my own words. How can I use the test function, though? Will I need to register in order to use it? I couldnt find such a function. 

What do you mean exactly by "written test"?

Thanks for giving some extra information on this.

1 hour ago, linguaholic said:

Hi there

I checked this out and it was easy enough to store my own words. How can I use the test function, though? Will I need to register in order to use it? I couldnt find such a function. 

What do you mean exactly by "written test"?

Thanks for giving some extra information on this.

Hello.

Try to push the green button (indicated on screeshot).

You don't need to register to use test button, but you need to register to keep your vocabulary in your profile. Otherwise your words will be lost in some days.

When I say a "written test", I mean that you have to physically type an original word from a keyboard during a test. You have to type it correctly to get points and decrease the "difficulty" of the words you are studying.

Please ask any questions. 

Start test.png

2 hours ago, sherbsherb said:

Hello.

Try to push the green button (indicated on screeshot).

You don't need to register to use test button, but you need to register to keep your vocabulary in your profile. Otherwise your words will be lost in some days.

When I say a "written test", I mean that you have to physically type an original word from a keyboard during a test. You have to type it correctly to get points and decrease the "difficulty" of the words you are studying.

Please ask any questions. 

Start test.png

oh I see. I completely missed that one. Thank you. I will try that.

• 3 months later...

Hey! There's a great site - vocapp.com , they also have their free app in stores. You just write your words and they are translated automatically and a flashcard appears, it has picture and pronunciation also, which makes it super simple to learn. Then you can answer if you know or don't remember this word, type your answer or try the multiple choice mode. Hope it helped! Good luck on your studies!