Linguaholic

Most wanted languages in the world that can get you a job?

Doctor035

Hello everyone, I'm planning to enroll Philology faculty but I don't know what to chose. I'm interested in Scandinavian, Japanese, Arabian and Chinese. Can I find a good job (or go abroad) with those languages? Or is there something better right now to chose?

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

1 hour ago, Doctor035 said:

Hello everyone, I'm planning to enroll Philology faculty but I don't know what to chose. I'm interested in Scandinavian, Japanese, Arabian and Chinese. Can I find a good job (or go abroad) with those languages? Or is there something better right now to chose?

Welcome to Linguaholic.com!

I can only speak for Chinese, as I do not have any experience in Japanese, Arabian and Scandinavian languages.

If you are fluent in Chinese, this will definitely be a plus when looking for a job (in Asia). However, I think your decision should be more based on how much motivation you actually have to learn one of those languages. Because if you are not passionate about studying any of those languages, you might have an incredibly hard time to go on and really get proficient in any of those. This especially holds true for a language like Chinese, which is, after all, really not easy to learn. 

In my case, I studied Chinese for about 5 years and now I am working in Beijing, China. Without having studied Chinese, I could definitely not have done that. So in my case, studying Chinese helped me to get a job in China. 

If you are interested in China and studying/working here, I will be glad to provide more information. In 2010, I studied a year at Nanjing University in Nanjing, China. 

2 minutes ago, linguaholic said:

Welcome to Linguaholic.com!

I can only speak for Chinese, as I do not have any experience in Japanese, Arabian and Scandinavian languages.

If you are fluent in Chinese, this will definitely be a plus when looking for a job (in Asia). However, I think your decision should be more based on how much motivation you actually have to learn one of those languages. Because if you are not passionate about studying any of those languages, you might have an incredibly hard time to go on and really get proficient in any of those. This especially holds true for a language like Chinese, which is, after all, really not easy to learn. 

In my case, I studied Chinese for about 5 years and now I am working in Beijing, China. Without having studied Chinese, I could definitely not have done that. So in my case, studying Chinese helped me to get a job in China. 

If you are interested in China and studying/working here, I will be glad to provide more information. In 2010, I studied a year at Nanjing University in Nanjing, China. 

Thank you for replying me! 

I'm really motivated to study languages  (Chinese also), but what is your job right now,  if it's not a secret? In my country I can work as a translator and at the embassy, but what can I also do there? I'm afraid to spend 4-5 years of learning just for nothing.  

5 minutes ago, Doctor035 said:

Thank you for replying me! 

I'm really motivated to study languages  (Chinese also), but what is your job right now,  if it's not a secret? In my country I can work as a translator and at the embassy, but what can I also do there? I'm afraid to spend 4-5 years of learning just for nothing.  

I am working as a Journalist here. 

Where are you from, if I may ask? What is your mother tongue?

2 minutes ago, linguaholic said:

I am working as a Journalist here. 

Where are you from, if I may ask? What is your mother tongue?

I'm from Serbia (Serbian is native). But this is a small country so I can't do much here if I'm not lucky enough.

16 minutes ago, Doctor035 said:

I'm from Serbia (Serbian is native). But this is a small country so I can't do much here if I'm not lucky enough.

Oh ok. I see. 

I will give you an example. 

Recently, I met some guys from Serbia and two of them are working here as Basketball Coaches. In fact, in China, there are lots of opportunities these days. 

A very common job here in China is being an English Teacher. And you can earn some good money with that. So if you have a very good command of English, that is also something you could do here....even if your mother tongue is not English.

22 minutes ago, linguaholic said:

Oh ok. I see. 

I will give you an example. 

Recently, I met some guys from Serbia and two of them are working here as Basketball Coaches. In fact, in China, there are lots of opportunities these days. 

A very common job here in China is being an English Teacher. And you can earn some good money with that. So if you have a very good command of English, that is also something you could do here....even if your mother tongue is not English.

Oh, that's great! So I have a chance after all. English teacher is a really nice job, and if payment is good, I'm interested. Thank you so much for the information you provided me!

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the best languages you need to master to secure a job internationally or even online are English and Chinese in my opinion. These are the languages widely and most commonly used around the world. And yes, where you are planning to work will play a big role on which ones you'll need to master. But I think these two are your best bets, especially English. There are tons of opportunities waiting for you out there even if English is not your native tongue. In addition, you may also consider Japanese, Korean and French.

• 2 years later...

Job in this sphere is really cool and sensible idea, so I’m fully glad for you that you made a decision to learn languages and connect your life with this aspect. Undoubtedly, you will certainly be able to find a good job only by using these useful knowledge, so in order to help you I would like to recommend this magnificent site https://uk.jooble.org/jobs-trainee-forensic-psychologist where you will have an opportunity to look for different occupations, set parameters of your working experience, wishes and company you would like to work in. Therefore, there are all open opportunities in front of you, so I highly advise for you to click the link and use advantages of this source right now!

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2018 at 1:18 PM, Ailcua said:

Some of the best languages you need to master to secure a job internationally or even online are English and Chinese in my opinion. These are the languages widely and most commonly used around the world. And yes, where you are planning to work will play a big role on which ones you'll need to master. But I think these two are your best bets, especially English. There are tons of opportunities waiting for you out there even if English is not your native tongue. In addition, you may also consider Japanese, Korean and French.

7 Reasons to learn Foreign Language

In this digital age and world of opportunities, there is an increase in demand for foreign language experts in India and abroad.  With Multinational companies outsourcing their projects to India there has been a serge in requirement for professionals that know a foreign language. India becoming a healthcare hub, people from all over the world are visiting on a Medical visa for their treatment. Also culturally rich states like West Bengal, Varanasi , Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Orissa, Madhyapradesh, Tamilnadu, Kerala and Goa attract tourists from all over the world, thus increasing the need for people who can communicate with foreign tourists in their language.

Thus being able to communicate in different languages has become the need of the hour and below are the reasons why one should be interested in learning the language

1.Rich cultural experience - Being able to communicate with someone in their language will create that immediate connection and scope for exchange of thoughts which might be culturally rooted , making us understand the beauty of other totally diverse cultures

2.Employment Opportunities - With Global trade at its peak, you don't want to miss out on an opportunity to be that candidate with the additional advantage of knowing a foreign language.  Chance to work abroad, employment opportunities in tourism, translations and proofreading, Language tutor etc, there are number of opportunities for professionals that know the foreign languages

3.Make yourself interesting - From being able to tell incredible stories to leading a different lifestyle, interesting people are always keen on picking new habits and are excited to explore the world which results in emission of the same energy outwards. Learning a foreign language will definitely help in exploring new cultures and introduce you to new thoughts on various topics, making you much more interesting

4.Boost your confidence-  Learning not just a foreign language but learning anything in general is a lively process. From entering the unknown waters to making those efficient steps to get hold of the language and being able to communicate in a language that you knew nothing about just couple of months ago, will definitely boost your confidence and increase the self belief

5. Exposure to world Art, Music and Philosophy - Being able to read , write and understand a foreign language will give you direct access to the art, music, movies and philosophy of that region where that particular language is spoken. Thus Learning a Foreign Language will definitely give you more variety of options to choose from apart from the native language. Also you will understand the difference in reading a translation versus reading the original. Watching a dubbed movie versus watching the original. Learning a Foreign language will only improve your aesthetics 

6.Quality and Healthy life -  As per studies, individuals who can speak more than one language have better cognitive performance making their brain age slow leading to a long and high quality life.  When you know your brain performs better when you are bilingual or multilingual why just stick to native languages, learn foreign languages 

7. Become more knowledgeable - Learning the language of another country or region of the world will only help in expanding your horizons and understanding the new things every day. Learning a foreign language will certainly expand your outlook towards the world

8. Other Benefits - Four out of five jobs result out of foreign trade globally, thus making foreign language very important in providing a competitive edge in career choices. 

Not just job opportunities, students planning to study abroad will have better opportunities if they can communicate in the local language, scholarship opportunities to part time jobs, students can surely be benefited if they know the language of that country.

Having no translator while you are in China, Japan or Germany will definitely help you travel easily with less expenditure as you need not look for those expensive five star hotels with English speaking staff, Knowing language of the region where you're travelling will definitely help you save money.

With its own challenges, learning a foreign language is definitely interesting and beneficial for your career. You just need to be very clear about the reason for you to learn a particular language and benefits that you are going to get after learning the language that interests you the most.

So why wait..?

Start learning your favorite Foreign language today!!