Linguaholic

Welcome to the Conlang Community!

Hey everyone!

My name is Frankie and I'm the moderator of this forum - the Conlang forum. What's a conlang? I hear you ask. The dictionary says it's a "language that has been artificially created". So, conlanging is the art of making your own language; you can be however weird and wonderful you'd like! Doesn't it sound great: talking amongst your friends, family or even just yourself without anyone else understanding a word you're saying? But it isn't all just a game - there have been many conlangs that have become famous. Most of these were trying to make themselves the mother tongue of the entire world, or atleast a second tongue. Imagine that - having your own language spoken by the world, wouldn't that be crazy?

For now, this forum is one large general thread, but if you decide to show it some love, it will grow into a bigger and better place on the Linguaholic site. Every week there will be a new article about conlanging posted by me, as well as all of you sharing your languages! Don't forget to be nice and give constructive criticism - that's the only way to get better, after all. I hope you enjoy your time in the Conlang Community, and be sure to tell us about your own languages!

Happy Conlanging,

Frankie.

3 hours ago, Linguistanerd said:

Hey everyone!

My name is Frankie and I'm the moderator of this forum - the Conlang forum. What's a conlang? I hear you ask. The dictionary says it's a "language that has been artificially created". So, conlanging is the art of making your own language; you can be however weird and wonderful you'd like! Doesn't it sound great: talking amongst your friends, family or even just yourself without anyone else understanding a word you're saying? But it isn't all just a game - there have been many conlangs that have become famous. Most of these were trying to make themselves the mother tongue of the entire world, or atleast a second tongue. Imagine that - having your own language spoken by the world, wouldn't that be crazy?

For now, this forum is one large general thread, but if you decide to show it some love, it will grow into a bigger and better place on the Linguaholic site. Every week there will be a new article about conlanging posted by me, as well as all of you sharing your languages! Don't forget to be nice and give constructive criticism - that's the only way to get better, after all. I hope you enjoy your time in the Conlang Community, and be sure to tell us about your own languages!

Happy Conlanging,

Frankie.

Finally, we got that Conlang Forum up and running. Looking forward to seeing lots of awesome content in here! I am sure this is going to be a lot of fun. And it is my honour to have you (Linguistanerd) as a Moderator here on Linguaholic.com. Let's all have some fun together in here!

3 hours ago, linguaholic said:

Finally, we got that Conlang Forum up and running. Looking forward to seeing lots of awesome content in here! I am sure this is going to be a lot of fun. And it is my honour to have you (Linguistanerd) as a Moderator here on Linguaholic.com. Let's all have some fun together in here!

I'm really glad that there's now a forum for this! And I'm delighted to be the moderator. Looking forward to the future working as a community!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a conlang ive been working on for decades.

the alphabet: A B E F G H I L M N O R S T 

English; Happiness is a warm puppy. the chair sat in the corner. Exactly what I wanted.

english transliterated for conlang speakers: Habines is a oarm bobi.         the sher sat en the gorner. Egsagli oat ai oantet

As you can see the transliteration is fairly simple and straightforward.

As ioo gan si tha transliterashon is ferli simbel ant stretforoart.