Linguaholic

Language learning videos

rgaz83

These aren't always the best quality, I watched one of the Spanish videos and the audio struck me as terrible, but I think this page might be useful to a lot of people here:

http://www.learnerstv.com/Free-Language-video-lecture-courses.htm

There is English, French, Japanese, Spanish and Korean.

Thanks for the link. The video's arn't the worst Iv'e ever seen but for me, when learning a new language I often find myself going for the free Youtube options. There are some good ones there and far too many to link to. Also, I think it really depends on what you want.

I agree, YouTube does have a lot of nice options. But it's a mixed bag, especially if you find out halfway through that the person you're watching never actually finished the series. Definitely a good way to at least get started, though.

I agree, YouTube does have a lot of nice options. But it's a mixed bag, especially if you find out halfway through that the person you're watching never actually finished the series. Definitely a good way to at least get started, though.

Yeah, I agree that it is a pain when you find someone you like and they just fall off the face of the earth (or YouTube). However, I usually have a few going at the same time. the issue I do have though with videos is that they all start to become very similar...

I stay up pretty late and used to have very limited channels. I like to have the TV on as background noise when I'm working on stuff, and I'd often turn on PBS where they'd have various college TV courses on later at night. "Destinos" was one for Spanish. I kind of made up my own story to go along with it at the time though, since I'm not fluent. One can buy materials to go along with it if they want. There are 52 episodes.

http://www.learner.org/resources/series75.html?pop=yes&pid=366#

Scroll down to go to the full videos and to be able to full-screen them. Maybe I'm a bit pathetic, but I somewhat enjoy following the story line. :)

Sadly this happens very often :(  I recently found some nice videos for learning dutch, but sadly the girl who was making those hasn't uploaded a thing since 2010 :(  I felt quite disappointed when I found out.  That's the only reason I really don't like to use Youtube to find good language learning videos.  They seem to have a lot videos of the languages I don't even want to learn tho :P

These aren't always the best quality, I watched one of the Spanish videos and the audio struck me as terrible, but I think this page might be useful to a lot of people here:

http://www.learnerstv.com/Free-Language-video-lecture-courses.htm

There is English, French, Japanese, Spanish and Korean.

Thank you very much for the link. I got a chance to look at one video to help me to reinforce certain vocabulary and concepts in Spanish. Personally, I had no problems with the audio, and the instructor made his presentation easy to understand, and it was concise and to the point. If all the videos are like the one I watched, I will definitely find the time to watch them. This site is really excellent.