Linguaholic

Minor translation that machines won't do?

Dear forum,

if someone could indulge me: the characters in attached pictures are not recognised by translation-photo-app; could someone tell me what it says? Context: this was on the staff I bought and used whilst climbing mt. Fuji last week. 

Much obliged!

Cheers, Paul

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 22.16.01.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 22.16.16.png

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Hi PCVH

The first part means "The climb to Mount Fuji", whereas 富士山 means Mt. Fuji and 登 (the third character) means "climb". 

The second part 六根清净 is a Buddhist term and means "the six roots of sensations are pure and clean"  --> free from human desires and passions. 

六根 = six roots

清净 = pure and clean

31 minutes ago, PCVH said:

Interesting, by the way, how the characters for Mt. Fuji can be split up to insert 'to climb':) Fascinating language, I suspect!

Thanks again!

Nun ja, ich glaube, dass es hier so ist, dass halt zuerst einfach Fuji steht (also ohne Berg = 山) und dann so etwas wie Bergbesteigung (登山)....Ich spreche aber eigentlich nur Chinesisch..darum kann es sein, dass meine Interpretation nicht zu 100 Prozent stimmt. mehr oder weniger müsste das aber ungefähr hinhauen :=)

Beste Grüße aus Peking

Lingua

und ja was Übersetzungen anbelangt,  da finde ich auch, dass maschinelle Übersetzung leider noch nicht so wahnsinning weit forgeschritten ist...jedenfalls nicht bei der Übersetzung von Chinesisch - Englisch oder Chinesisch/Deutsch, etc. ALLERDINGS muss man sagen, dass es nun mit Deep L ein unglaublich gutes Übersetzungstool gibt für einfachere Sprachkombos wie z. B. Englisch-Deutsch (und andere germanische oder romanische Sprachen). Falls sie deepL noch nicht kennen, sollten Sie das unbedingt mal ausprobieren. Ist fantastisch.