Linguaholic

Help needed to trial a vocab test (below). Thank!

jnewb

Dear Fellow Forumians,

My name is Julia and I am a TESOL teacher student. My peer study partner and I wrote a test as a class assignment. Would you please take a minute to take this very short test. We need to know

1) how much time it took for you to take the test (if you please specify);

2) Was the test difficult?

3) Answers correct

The test is purposed for intermediate-level learners and is based on the video series "A Series of Unfortunate Events" (2017) which is in itself a great and fun resource for studying advanced English vocabulary. Thank you so much in advance. Please see the test below (or in the attachment): 

Thanks for cooperation! 

I'll be happy to help with anything English, too.

Sincerely,

Julia

A TEST

Fill in the blanks from the passage using the words from the word bank. Use each word once.

WORD BANK: 

audience

duty

advise

happy ending

despair

sorry

unlucky

In this story not only is there no (1) __________, there is no happy beginning and very few happy things in the middle. My name is Lemony Snicket. It is my (2) __________ to bring to light the sad history of the Baudelaire children as it happened so many years ago. But you in the (3) __________ do not have to watch this. In this case, I would (4) __________ all of you to turn away immediately and watch something more pleasant instead. This story will not be a happy one because not very many happy things happened in the lives of the Baudelaires. Violet, Klaus, and Sunny were smart children. They were charming and creative they had pleasant faces, but they were extremely (5) __________. Most everything that happened to them was full of misfortune, misery, and (6) __________. I am (7) __________ to tell you this, but that is how the story goes.

Test01_Lemony Snicket.docx