Linguaholic
Sign in to follow this  
CultureAndLinguistics

Looking for help in linguistic project

Hello everyone!

I am working on a linguistic website at my university. The website is aimed at students who are learning English and want to improve their accent. I am looking for non-native accents of English for this project. The project is about accent appreciation, since we believe that learners should not have to imitate a British English ideal pronunciation, but can keep their own natural accents and improve their understandability. If you are a non-native English speaker with either a heavy or a light accent, I need your help! If you are interested in representing your country, please send me an audio recording of about two minutes where you first introduce yourself, with a fake name if you like, and a fun fact or interesting cultural aspect of your country. You can also read a short text if you like. This way, language learners will be able to listen to speakers from their own country so that they can identify characteristics of their own speech and perhaps improve their accent. I would be very happpy with your help!