Linguaholic

What kind of learner are you?

Trellum

I'm the type of person that listens and watches things and thus learns a lot by hearing and watching. Auditory and Visual is what's best for me. Being taught orally is the most effective way of learning for me.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I'd say I'm mostly an audio/kinesthetic learner based on the graphic, but honestly, I think I'm a mixture of all and I suspect most people are. In my opinion, the ones who only identify with one would probably be more of an exception in this case, since I have been with a lot of my classmates while learning and we all pretty much used whatever method was necessary to retain the information.

Just like most people in the thread, I think that I'm a little bit of both visual and auditory learner. For example when learning Russian I learn 10 new words every day, then I watch a Russian movie, or read a Russian article somewhere on the internet. I'm so happy when I hear or see the words that I just learned be used in a sentence.

I believe i'm a kinesthetic learner. I definitely can't sit for too long. I'm always looking for something to do. Sometimes, I study two subjects at a time because I get too bored. I take way too many breaks while studying :P I do love multiple choice and I have noticed that solving 'real-life' problems have helped me in the past, especially with mathematics and science.

I am a visual and audio learner.  I think I've always been this kind of learner.  Whenever I have a test coming up I always study by speaking out loud. At first I thought this was a very strange method to use, but it really does work.

I need to be involved in the learning process. I'm not the type that can learn the theory and put it directly into practice. It really helps to be involved and use the knowledge/techniques I acquire along the way.

I think i am a fast learner, but only because i'm so determined. When i set a goal i work obsessively to to master it. I don think i have some kind of 'special learning ability, or anything like that. I think anyone could be a fast learner if the focus whole hardheartedly on the task.

• 2 months later...

I'm a fast learner and I learn fast through listening and watching. Although I could say that I'm more an audio learner as I pick up stuff like a sponge when I listen to it. I am also a visual learner.

Great article,

Ive had a tendency to be a visual learner when I was younger, but Ive noticed as I get older I have a mix of visual and Kinesthetic to help with the learning process. This has served me well not only with learning a language, but also on the job training that I am doing regularly at work. We sat a lecture similar to this info graphic a few years ago, and it was a good eye opener, to not only improve they way I learn things, but it is a good way to understand why it takes longer to learn certain skills

I believe i'm a kinesthetic learner. I definitely can't sit for too long. I'm always looking for something to do. Sometimes, I study two subjects at a time because I get too bored. I take way too many breaks while studying :P I do love multiple choice and I have noticed that solving 'real-life' problems have helped me in the past, especially with mathematics and science.

Eh, are you sure you don't suffer from ADD?  I  do suffer from ADD and have the same issue trying to focus on only one thing, I actually like to multi task, because that gives me two tasks to do at the same time, thus not getting bored.  That's why kinesthetic is the best way for me to learn, since I can't read too long without distracting, let alone learn a language with a book!

I need to be involved in the learning process. I'm not the type that can learn the theory and put it directly into practice. It really helps to be involved and use the knowledge/techniques I acquire along the way.

Same here, specially with math and languages.  I actually need to see several examples and practice on my own, so I can learn and memorize the new information.  That's the only way for me to actually learn something new, otherwise there might not be a chance I can do it.  That's why I could never learn English at school, apart from the fact our teacher was awful, but she tried her best since she couldn't speak English herself, lol.  She just taught the lesson that was in the book and that it...

I would definitely fall in the read/write and visual category. When I studied I always recall the things that I see and read or jot more. Even if I scribble I would remember those things more and if I ever forget I bring my thoughts back to wherever I scribbled the information and everything would just come right back. :cool: