Linguaholic

Any spanish TV series/movies you can recommend?

veenux

Hello everyone!

I want so start learning spanish in the near future and always found the best way to learn a new language is watching TV series, videos or movies in the respective language.

Are there any movies/TV series you could recommend? Or maybe an entertaining Youtube channel?

Familía Peluche is totally ridiculous and you can watch the whole thing on youtube.

As far as films are concerned anything by Pedro Almodovar is amazing! also try Pan's Labyrinth, Y tú mama tambien, diaros de moto... I just watch Mar Adentro and that was really good as well.

Nice to see movies like Pan's Labyrinth and Y tu mama tambien being suggested here. I've known about those through my university's film center and those are cool, although I love Pan's Labyrinth more.  Anyone else who has seen La piel que habito or The Skin I Live In? It's so surreal and unusual and it has Antonio Banderas in it. There's a twist in the movie that just breaks my heart.

• 2 months later...

As far as films are concerned anything by Pedro Almodovar is amazing! also try Pan's Labyrinth, Y tú mama tambien, diaros de moto... I just watch Mar Adentro and that was really good as well.

Agreed! The only Almodovar film I've seen in Volver, but it is excellent - I would highly recommend it. Pan's Labyrinth is also good, as is The Orphanage (El Orfanato)...if you can handle creepiness!